Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post Office Ending Saturday Delivery

When I went to a new campus to work at I had to deal with a HUGE PITA.

I talked about her before.

She..

Refused to turn in numbers on time.
    Hid the ledger after hours
    Hid the ledger when she went on vacation.
    Refused to learn how to use a computer, let alone learn how to turn it on
    go to the spreadsheet and mail me a set of numbers.

When I went to HER STUPIDvisor, she shrugged her shoulders and told me to 'try and work with her' or 'find a system that would get me the info on time'.

So, it was a failure of the system - no boss to go to and when I complained about it, I was the trouble maker.

------------

Because no one complained about this AH back when it would have made a difference, they were stuck with a
    clerk who didn't GAS about how her laziness affected the system.

She ruled by fear and was one of those lazy employees that was biding her time until she retired with a nice pension.

We, as patrons of a service that we pay for, shouldn't be afraid to drop a dime or note when we feel like we are being abused, unsatisfied, unserved.

As a matter of fact?

I'd send a 'Nice Complaint' in and follow it up with a bunch of anonymous Eff You complaints, just to spice things up.

If I am getting screwed, why not return the favor?

Don't take my comments the wrong way. If the clerk is a PITA, then someone needs to be aware of it.

If management isn't doing anything about it, then it's management's fault, NOT THE Union's! Yes, it is eminently possible to fire or discipline a postal employee, but there is a procedure to do so, and management continually screws it up.

That having been said, I can count on one hand the number of supervisors in the postal service who I would count as competent.

There are many supervisors in the system who are sweetness and light when dealing with customers, and unholy terrors when dealing with employees. There are window clerks who WERE pleasant employees at one point, then found their attitude when dealing with management and customers. (I've seen customers berate people for little to no reason too many times in the limited amount of time I spend at the window)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I did call the post office today about my missing gas bill. They said there is nothing they can do to find it. He will talk to my carrier and see if he remembers it. Like he can remember one out of the hundreds he delivers. The poor guy is doing two routes now since my original carrier retired. It might not even have gotten to our town. sheesh
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I did call the post office today about my missing gas bill. They said there is nothing they can do to find it. He will talk to my carrier and see if he remembers it. Like he can remember one out of the hundreds he delivers. The poor guy is doing two routes now since my original carrier retired. It might not even have gotten to our town. sheesh
    We find mail in machines in odd places that sits there for a long time without being found. There are all sorts of nooks for mail to hide in, and if it slips into one of those spots, you're not going to find it until something odd breaks and the techs have to tear into that portion of the machine.

Ask the utility company for a duplicate.

However, if you're having problems with continuously delayed mail (like my Verizon bill that I received AFTER the payment was already late, or my bank statements) then ask for the POOM.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    International shipping rates through UPS and FEDEX are much higher, just ran a quick shipping quote from here to toronto for a .1 Kg package and it's just shy of $20.
    I know it's still higher for NOW but when the USPS price jumps from $2.50 to $6 it's not going to be long before they are on par with UPS and FedEx lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    I am going to miss the Saturday mail delivery & it will most likely affect our mail mans pay check. It is to bad they can't cut back on more worthless supervisors & higher ups.

I trust the mail service more then I would ever trust doing any kind of paper work on the internet & I don't care how secure they may say it is.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I am going to miss the Saturday mail delivery & it will most likely affect our mail mans pay check. It is to bad they can't cut back on more worthless supervisors & higher ups.

I trust the mail service more then I would ever trust doing any kind of paper work on the internet & I don't care how secure they may say it is.
    I trust the USPS more than I trust any Cruise Line Company,.

Look how much mail went down with the Titanic.

And they cannot even get people home on time.

go figure.

I'll just come in here late and say that as far as our local postal service where I am, that I couldn't be happier. The postman is pleasant and efficient, virtually error free, and the window service couldn't be more pleasant. Yeah, I do live in a small town (5,000 population) in the Midwest, so maybe things are just different here.

I have not had any bad experiences with things not being delivered in a timely manner at either end. I know things happen. With a system that large, mistakes are bound to be made. At least from my perspective, the system seems to be working very well.

I don't have a problem with dropping Saturday mail. At least two or three days a week the mailman drives right past my house without stopping. With the volume of mail going down, of course their revenues will drop and they have to find ways to cut costs. Cutting one day of service makes sense, given the reduced volume.

And I wouldn't be afraid to take a cruise, either, I've had one previously and enjoyed it thoroughly, my only problem would be getting there since I really don't care to fly again, considering the mess that's become!

And the beat goes on.....

http://www.postal-reporter.com/blog/...epting-bribes/

Yep, it's all the Union's fault...

I could be wrong but I thought it was said that packages are the exception, that they would be delivered on Saturday.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

packages will still be delivered on Saturday, box mail will still be sorted, collection mail will still be run......in other words, the only activity that isn't going to happen is SOME carriers won't be delivering.

Which begs the question, where's the true savings?
    The answer is that there isn't any.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    People complain about the postage rates - yes, I do too - but think nothing of putting a first class stamp (46 cents?) on an envelope for a bill (for example), that is being paid to the utility company or doctor or dentist, etc, and is a very short distance from home. I just recently paid $8.55 to send a 4.2 oz package to Canada. I'm sure the people that think nothing of sending that local letter or card or bill for 46 cents, are the same ones to complain about international rates.

Which one of these scenarios is getting the better deal???? Not too difficult to figure out - IMO anyway! Sure beats the cost of delivering in person!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 03-13-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    People complain about the postage rates - yes, I do too - but think nothing of putting a first class stamp (46 cents?) on an envelope for a bill (for example), that is being paid to the utility company or doctor or dentist, etc, and is a very short distance from home. I just recently paid $8.55 to send a 4.2 oz package to Canada. I'm sure the people that think nothing of sending that local letter or card or bill for 46 cents, are the same ones to complain about international rates.

Which one of these scenarios is getting the better deal???? Not too difficult to figure out - IMO anyway! Sure beats the cost of delivering in person!
    People still mail bill payments?

Other than mailing out orders that people purchase from me and mailing birthday cards that Hannah makes to grandparents I haven't mailed anything in a looooong time. It was just my inlaws anniversary and my FIL's birthday and Hanah made them cards and I was scrambling around to see if we even had any stamps in the house. Just so happened we did have some that were probably purchased well over a year ago. I just don't mail envelopes much. I would call the bill company to arrange payment (if they didn't already have online bill payment options) before I would stick it in an envelope and put a stamp on it. At least that way I have a confirmation number and if anything goes awry with the payment I can name the person who took my payment and quote said confirmation number.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I pay all my bills except one threw the mail. I don't like the idea of my debit card info bouncing around the Internet. Oh, my gas bill that I never got last month.... I apparently got it, opened it, and completely forgot I ever saw it. I found it the other day. Now That is frightening!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    People still mail bill payments?

Many do - but not me. Oh - I occasionally have a random oddball bill that's a one time deal, so I will write a check and mail it. This might happen a couple of times a year - at most!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~