Thread: Bad Callie!!!

Hybrid View

Bad Callie!!!

Its been really cold here in Pennsylvania. Callie has not wanted to go out for a walk let alone run outside for a quick pee in the yard. So she's decided to use the office or spare bedroom for her potty needs. Grrr.

But thats not the story... though it is the set-up for the story.

I had to go to the Rite Aid across the street for sodas and candy (my sweet tooth struck me HARD! --and hey, I was watching a mini movie marathon) Hubby asked me to put Callie on the leash for a few mintues while I ran over to the store in the hopes she did something while outside for a couple minutes. Okie dokie, I leashed Callie and ran across the street to the store.

The way the store is situated, the back of the store faces my back yard, and I cross the street and walk around the building to enter. I spent 5 mintues in the candy asile pondering Skittles vs. Twizzlers (you know, the usual life or death decisions). I stood in line for a minute, paid the cashier and just as I was stuffing the receipt into the bag and walking towards the doors, I looked up and saw a shaggy dog happily walking through the automatic doors. She came running up to me -- what are YOU doing here! Complete with a 25' leash trailing behind her. She broke the leash off its post and followed me! You should have seen the look on her face.... so happy, so proud, so excited.

Oh how LUCKY she was to not get hit while crossing the street! This is typically a busy street.... thank God it was 7:30 Sunday night.

Oh, Callie - how to give mom heart failure!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Oh, Callie - how to give mom heart failure!
    And a few gray hairs too!

Sometimes, you have to conceded a point and this may be one of those times. Use puppy pads, so clean up is easy and pray for warm weather soon!

Ok, Ok, I will admit I smiled a bit...She came through the automatic doors? Oh my gosh that is hysterical. I am glad she is okay though! Mikey has pulled things like this on MORE than one occasion except once he sees you it's playtime and he runs away, butt in the air....chasing is his favorite game and my least favorite game

Oh Callie, do NOT go on walks without Mom EVER again even if it is to find her!