Thread: Super bowl commercials?

Hybrid View

Super bowl commercials?

There's a fine line between edgy and weird.....

Congratulations to the advertisers, you've obliterated it.

WTH? WHO approved some of these, especially the taco hell and Calvin Klein ads?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I wait until after the game is over and watch the commercials online! That way they aren't interrupted by football ... and I can skip the ones I'd rather not see!
    I've Been Frosted

I must have been busy doing other things when the commercials were on. The only one I remember is the Clydesdale one - love the horse

I thought the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial in the third quarter was sooooooo sweet!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2612919.html

I was creeped out by the CK spot. Who decided that's appropriate for Sunday night TV? There were two with Stevie Wonder's song "Superstition" that I didn't get; and I didn't get the one for Coke with the showgirls and the cowboys, either. I didn't think the Taco Bell spot with the retirement home residents was funny, and it doesn't make me want to race out and eat there. Psy for pistachios didn't work for me; I wonder how much they paid to get him to appear in that ad.

My all time favorite Super Bowl commercials are the one from last year with the dog "Here, Wego!" -- the one from maybe 4 or 5 years ago about herding cats -- and Mean Joe Greene for Coca-Cola from the mid-1970s. And any commercial with a Clydesdale.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Somehow Bud's ad agency ALWAYS does a good job with the clydesdales.

The Doritos' ad was a tad past the edge of creepy as well, grown men wearing dresses playing with a little girl? sorry.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

My favorite was Paul Harvey's Ode to the Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Somehow Bud's ad agency ALWAYS does a good job with the clydesdales.

The Doritos' ad was a tad past the edge of creepy as well, grown men wearing dresses playing with a little girl? sorry.....
    Oh man really? taht was my FAVORITE commercial. Having a husband and a 5 year old daughter I could TOTALLY see that scene lol

I also liked the oreo commercial in the library lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com