Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much time on my hands

Very nice! I have a hen who I kept a chicken "apron" on to protect her back from our rooster. I don't think I ever took a picture of her wearing it though. Our rooster has since passed and she no longer needs to wear it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Not a farmer by any means

From what I have been told, chickens do get cold, but real farmers leave a heat lamp/light on for them and that seems to be just enough to keep them warm. My neighbors have only four chickens and were bringing them inside their home (in the basement) when the temperature dropped below zero. I felt sorry for them. I am not a fan of chickens - love to eat them, but don't find them all that pleasant to be around. It took me a few hours to get the pattern just so and then cut the polar fleece... and lastly, sew on the buttons. Most of the buttons match! After all, these are GIRLS!

I have not heard if David, the chicken's owner, ever captured the other two to put on their coats. The temps are going low again, so we may or may not be having chicken for dinner some time soon.

I did this coat thing as a hoot. I am not really that nice of a neighbor!