Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn, things are getting worse with Luna and Lily!

I had the same thing happen with my 2 boys. They kept getting worse and worse and I tried all sorts of things short of prescription drugs. I ended up keeping one of them in a big cage at all times (they each had a 12-hour shift) while I tried to convince my parents to take one of them. They have Havoc now and he's very happy to be the only kitty. He's a neurotic little thing and whenever he had one of his freakouts Toby would attack him (actually Toby would attack ME, as I was trying to grab either one of them to put in kitty time out)

Glad your girls have settled down though. Hopefully they will remain tolerant of each other

What a nice picture of the two girls on the kitty bed! That looks promising for future kitty harmony.

I don't think it was a mistake you bringing either of them home. They and you are SO well bonded! You all will work this out.

Continuing prayers and good wishes,
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat, I hope you're right, and there are at least a few moments in which they appreciate each other's company!

aTailOf2Kitties, that sounds really bad! I think before one of mine would be ending up in a cage, or getting drugged, I'd rather rehome one of them as well, but I don't think it's necessary here. Glad you've got your situation solved!

BTW, here's another one of them in their kitty bed; it's not a great picture, but you'll get the idea. This is how they're spending their days, and while in their bed, Luna doesn't seem to feel too uncomfortable with Lily next to her. And yes, I know that Luna put on way too much weight.

when I think of Luna and Lily, this is exactly how I picture them! I hope there will be many moments when they appreciate one another's company. Sending you hugs, kisses, snuggles and lovies, Lily and Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Female cats can be a real pain in some households.

I totally agree. Both of my girls not only fight with each other but with any of my male cats as well. This is one reason why I do much better with male cats.

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that your having these problems. Hopefully things will work out soon.

Dear Kirsten, Luna and Lily --- I hope things are getting better at your house!

Thinking of you and sending a (((HUG))),
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

We hope so too!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Kirsten
    I know how hard this is on you and Luna.
    I was wondering if you could put Luna(your older original kitty) in your bedroom.

Luna deserves to have you all to herself for a while.
    She's older and now with the weight issues and maybe some depression.
    not as quick to get back at her younger sister,it may help Luna's self worth and it will remind
    her of how important she is to you.
    making her the Queen.

Or better yet,only at night when it's time for bed,bring Luna in.
    i know Lilly will protest but after awhile the noise outside the bedroom will quiet down.
    (we had to do that on different occasions)

litter boxes and water bowls in both areas are a pain but i think it may help.

If this is not a good idea,i still am thinking of another.

or...how about a spray bottle for Lily when she acts on Luna.
    Spraying Lily every time she starts to pounce on poor Luna.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Catfamily, thank you for offering some advice. Luna and Lily are always allowed in my bedroom, and they're sleeping in my bed right from the start. In fact, that's the place they're fighting about. A spray bottle may be in an option in the summer, but right now it's too cold. I have started scolding Lily whenever she started threatening Luna, and the last nights, it worked. She backed off then and spent some time at the top of the cabinet while Luna stayed in bed with me. I have always thought it's not a good idea to interfere their fights and taking sides, but now with Luna getting older, I really think she needs my support. May raise more tension on Lily's part, but I can't help it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Catfamily, thank you for offering some advice. Luna and Lily are always allowed in my bedroom, and they're sleeping in my bed right from the start. In fact, that's the place they're fighting about. A spray bottle may be in an option in the summer, but right now it's too cold. I have started scolding Lily whenever she started threatening Luna, and the last nights, it worked. She backed off then and spent some time at the top of the cabinet while Luna stayed in bed with me. I have always thought it's not a good idea to interfere their fights and taking sides, but now with Luna getting older, I really think she needs my support. May raise more tension on Lily's part, but I can't help it...
    i just thought of an idea.( i forgot about our problem child 'vicky' ,lol )
    she is a terror.always was from the start.
    But she has been doing really well lately,because i am using reverse psychology with her.
    While in her prey mode,i get her preoccupied,calming her and the other cat she wants to fight.or jump on,
    by patting both at the same time talking soft.
    it's working but it is a lot of hard work for me and mike.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Awww, ladies, please don't fight about the big bed. I am sure there is plenty of room for both of you and your meowmie also. I'm glad things have gotten better. Here are some gentle ((((HUGS))) for Luna and Lily

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse

Same scenario in my house, only with Pouncer coming to me first. Them Mystic shows up and the growling starts.

I don't understand why Pouncer let Mikey and Flutter share the bed but not Mystic.

By any chance did this take place either on a full moon or no (new) moon??

My cats change with the moon.....scary, huh?!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

How about calming collars for them both? I swear by them! My niece has two cats (females) that tolerate, at best, each other. The collars did the trick!! They are both beautiful, Kirsten!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    How about calming collars for them both? I swear by them! My niece has two cats (females) that tolerate, at best, each other. The collars did the trick!! They are both beautiful, Kirsten!
    I wish that these worked on both of my girls. I tried them and they didn't do anything for them. My home would be so peaceful if only Pearl & Ziggy would just learn to get along with all of their brothers. I hope that Luna & Lily are getting along better now.