Thread: what next....had a fall..

what next....had a fall..

most of you will know i injured my shoulder rather badly five months ago, i am still in rehab having physio every week, and the improvement despite all that, doing my daily exercises and a steroid injection has been minimal, but never the less there has been progress and i was just starting to feel i had turned the corner when STUPID me did something dumb.

i was in the kitchen, i had pulled out the bottom drawer of the oven to get a dish out, and normally i would push it in, for some reason i got distracted and decided to make us a yoghurt smoothie with our dinner,BIG BIG Mistake, my blender is in the tight corner in the kitchen, and you guessed it i simply forgot the drawer was open, which it should not have been had i remembered to shut it straight away like i normally would, and yep i ended up splat on the floor, i knicked the side of the draw with my leg, and have two lovely bruises to show for it, and landed mostly on my hip, which is my bad hip, but was the pain there , oh no it was in my shoulder, it brought me to tears, i did land rather hard and i guess i am lucky i did not do more damage, but still this is not what i need right now, i think the jarring did something to my shoulder, it is again more painful than it has been and stiffer again, i am not due to have physio for three weeks as she is on holiday and felt i would be ok without it, but i think i will have to re book with the other girl.

To say i am devastated is an under statement, i have worked my butt off to get myself better and i just cannot believe i have done something so silly to jeopardize my recovery.

I blame my short term memory, since my small op two months ago, my memory has not been the same, it was pretty bad straight afterwards, and has gotten better, but i normally would not forget to do these things.

Then today i am doing my pulley exercises and bang the muscle in my left shoulder goes ping, and i am in pain with that now, more so than my shoulder, that is due to fibromyalgia, i have been lucky not to have that happen for some time, but yep it has to happen now doesn't it, those with fibro will know what i am talking about, it locks that muscle in, and it hurts to even breathe.

Yep i am totally fed up with myself right now,sorry to vent, but it helps,just want to be back to normal, what ever that is, i may well have to start all over again, and then will that be enough to finally rid me of this ongoing pain and disability, because that is what it has become, i am limited as to what i can do these days ,and i am right handed so it is the pitts,i don't feel it will ever be the same again, i just hope i have not torn the tendon again, or made the tear bigger, fingers crossed, thanks for listening.

P.S on the bright side i did not break any bones , i have some good padding there obviously that helped lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am always gladdest about my "extra padding" when I fall. I bruise, but bruises heal after than broken bones!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Carole... I'm so sorry. You've had so much happen these last few months.

Please don't torment yourself.. These things happen to us all (I'm a real super-klutz), and you need to be good and kind and gentle with yourself to heal more quickly. Take care now.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So true Karen bruises don't worry me,thanks pat I will try and think positive .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh Carole, I am SOOOO sorry.for all accidents. I hope you'll be okay. I live alone and my biggest fear of tripping over one of my cats is the BIGGEST!!! Can someone look in on you?? You're in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxoxox
    From across the ocean

Donna & Fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

i am ok, happened when hubby was here, i was making dinner, i think my shoulder is going to be ok, the pain has eased and i can do my exercises again PHEW close shave though.

I must apologise,if i don't reply, it is because for some reason it is not coming through on my emails, help Karen, this has not happened before, i am puzzled, have i accidentally made that happen, no pun intended.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    i am ok, happened when hubby was here, i was making dinner, i think my shoulder is going to be ok, the pain has eased and i can do my exercises again PHEW close shave though.

I must apologise,if i don't reply, it is because for some reason it is not coming through on my emails, help Karen, this has not happened before, i am puzzled, have i accidentally made that happen, no pun intended.

Hotmail has us blocked for some reason - they think we - or someone else with a similar IP address - are spammers, which you know we are not! We are trying to get them to correct this, but right now, any notifications sent to hotmail email addresses get bounced.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post

Please don't torment yourself.. These things happen to us all , and you need to be good and kind and gentle with yourself to heal more quickly. Take care now.

This is soooo true. I often need to remind myself to take it easy & not be in such a rush to "get things done" by multitasking, when one thing at a time gets it done just as well,
    and safer too. I hope you heal up & start feeling much better soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt