Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leave me alone!!!! (KAREN, come see!)

That is so sweet and Caramella is getting cuter every day.
    My Kevin Scrapster sends a Special Meeow!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kimba attacks his tail like that. My vet said some young cats do this as they aren't mentally developed enough to recognize that that squirmy, annoying thing that WILL NOT GO AWAY is a part of them. This is supposed to stop when they get a little older. We'll see.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

katladyd-Glad to find someone else who has a baby who does that. It's just the oddest thing I ever saw and I had never heard of it..

She has never really harmed herself in doing that yet, she mainly watches it, giving it the evil eye and wishing it would go away and she'll bite at it and every now and then she actually catches it and bite it. It is funny to watch it but after laughing I feel so guilty because it really annoyes her and she is really upset!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

He's done it since he was a young kitten. He is now a little over 2 years old, about 27 months. He bites it whenever he actually catches it. He doesn't act like it hurts him or anything like that. Maybe if it did, he would realize it is HIS tail!

My foster Marnie still chases her tail, and she's 10+ years old!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'd keep an eye on her, and watch that tail for any injuries. My Cricket had feline hyperesthesia, which caused her to attack and bite her tail. She wouldn't let the injuries heal, so eventually her tail had to be amputated.

Here's some more info on hyperesthesia: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=1998

Thank you Prairie Purrs! That link explaines it easy and simple. I am amazed that we have 2 like this already on PT! So it is not "that" uncommon..

I read that article with great interest, but it doesn't seem like this is Kimba's problem. His skin never ripples, he doesn't overgroom, and he LOVES to be held and petted. So, I guess my little eccentric fella just likes to chase his tail sometimes.

This is really funny Laura.

i tried getting our Jasmine on film watching your Caramella on film,because Jasmine was freaking out
    watching her.
    and i was sitting here thinking"why is my cat Jasmine so freaked out?"
    then i realized,your Caramella looks like our "Polly" here.

Jasmine doesn't really like cats,but she found a friend in Polly.
    so,that made me laugh even harder.(the light growl)
    i wonder if she is checking on Polly right now,because
    Jasmine just took off around the corner into another room.

This is such a funny catch on film.glad i saw it.

also, i am so glad to be back,it has been awhile.
    Carla

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

OMG that is hysterical! I've seen a youtube video where the cat actually catches it's tale and takes it up a flight of stairs to present it's "kill" to his meowmie. Doing circles up the stairs. Caramella is still the cutest thing ever!

WHAT A HOOT!!!!! I could hear her growly at it!! You should make a video of it with a human's voice and put it on YouTube.

I can't get over how ahem, svelte she's become. She's definitely in the right place.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

This is the latest video of her and how bad can she get.. This time she was more violent than she has ever been with that tail.. I started out thinking it would be like the last video I posted but this one brought me to tears when I watched it when playing it back... I DON'T find this one funny, I find it alarming! So the next time I took her to the vet, I took this video.

She had come down with her second UTI since March/April and I had him look at this video and asked the question could those UTI's be what is causing this behavior.. In examining her, he said even her anal glands were infected and when he just touched them, they started pouring out that stuff. Her girlie "bits" were so swollen he almost couldn't find them.. He had to shave her down there. He is like me and thinks those UTI's are what causes her tail attack behavior..

For her UTI's he thinks she is to fat and the fat forces her body to cover up her girlie "bits" so we have her on a diet.. Only 2 days on the new food and it is very obvious that she is extreemly allergic to something and I am betting it is the new food so I have taken her off of it until she sees the vet again in a day or two. Poor baby just sneezes non stop all day...and I mean NON STOP! It is awful and I feel so sorry for her.. He told them to tell me NOT to give her any antihistamines before I bring her in. Poor baby just can't catch a break! He said that could very well be the answer to why she gets so mad at her tail, that she could be blaming her tail on her pain...

Poor girl! At least there seems to be an answer. Can the vet clean out her glands without causing her pain?

I hope her UTIs stay under control and that she can get a healthy food she likes.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor baby, those infected glands must have been pretty painful! Hopefully you can get answers soon, and keep the UTI's away, too! Adding some canned pumpkin to her food can help - the extra fiber will help with the anal glands issue in many cases!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, Caramella, sweety! I am happy to see you and hear from your meowmie again But I am sorry you are having to go to the doctor. I hope you feel much better soon! I will go light a candle for your meowmie and you Sending kisses to you, Giz and Samantha!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678