Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leave me alone!!!! (KAREN, come see!)

Leave me alone!!!! Update # 27

New video and update post 27.

I finally got this on video!!

Caramella has been doing this for some time now... She acts suprised that her tail is there and flopping around and it annoys her terriably, so she attacks it. In this video you can hear her groweling at her tail and how she carries on.. I have had cats all my life and I have never seen a cat do this. It is like she is telling that tail "LEAVE ME ALONE!"...She is extreemly annoyed at that thing that keeps bothering her this day! Anyone ever see a cat do this?

Click on the picture....
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 06-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh, Laura - that reminded me - I never sent you the answers from the Ask a Vet show! Hang on, I'll email it to you in a minute!
    They did address this behavior!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, Laura I just emailed you the two audio files concerning your girl, take a listen, okay? I sent it to the email address under your Pet Talk profile!
    I've Been Frosted

O how adorable! I especially love when the tail is draped down the hole in the perch and flicking away underneath!!!!

I've seen this, in young ones, not much after age 5 or so. Hilarious, isn't it?!!! Like the tail has a life of its own.

Oh my gosh! That's the first time I've seen something like that. That's too funny!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That is funny - but obviously not to Caramella. She doesn't seem to realize it's part of her. I've seen cats chase their tails, but never growl at them

Beautiful cat! Tail biting and growling/aggression towards the tail could be due to impacted anal glands or fleas in tail area. I've read that it can sometimes be due to pain in the spine or pelvis. Or could be kitty version of OCD due to anxiety, stress or boredom. Our cat was doing this years ago and for her, it turned out to be impacted anal glands that the vet (and 2 techs!) emptied. She was not amused! Caramella could also just be having fun too and being silly but just wanted to throw those other ideas out there just in case.

WOW!!! Caramela sure has grown! I've never seen anything like this, apparently she doesn't realize her tail goes along with the rest of her. Great video, I laughed several times while watching it. What a beautiful kitty girl!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Blog Entries
    How old is this cat. I do believe it's a funny, bored, excellent cat xox

Caramella is about 2 1/2 years old..

Emeraldgreen, those are some worthwhile ideas you have given me, all the suggestions are things I hadn't thought of. The time I did mention it to my vet I asked him if it could be a nerve problem in that area, that is what I think it is because of how she works/moves that skin on her back in that area. She does not like you touching her back close to her tail...

Karen-I listened to those clips you sent me and I learned some things I did not know, as for socialized.... LOL....she is SUPER socialized. Actually all my babies are. Next time I take her to the vet I will show him the video and let him see first hand how aggresive she gets with her own self.. This video is by far the worst she has done that and the longest she has acted like that.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh, Caramella! You are so pretty! I kept waiting for her to fold her tail around her but she kept waving it. I hope nothing is wrong!

Hi, Giz and Samantha!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This is very funnny-she clearly thinks that tail gets on her nerves. She reacts as if it was a baby who wants to play while mom wants peace and quiet

Wow! She acts like she hates her own tail. She sure has grown into a big girl too. My Pearl will chase and play with her tail but she's never growled at it or bitten it before. Hopefully it's nothing serious that's causing this.

That is so funny and adorable. And how gorgeous is Caramella!!!! Love seeing videos like this.

Does she ever harm herself while doing this?? I suppose I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless she starts to self-mutilate. Are there any behaviorists in your area you can consult with?

facebook