Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fister is at the RB - 20/5-96 - 2/2-2013

Hybrid View

Unhappy Fister is at the RB - 20/5-96 - 2/2-2013

It was with a very heavy heart I went to the hospital where Fister is and had him put to sleep at 13.20. It hurts SO bad it’s unbelievable!

My neighbor, who is a nurse came with me, she was a good support and could explain the test results to me again.

Fister went peacefully. I spent half an hour with him and I had brought his catnip toy, his brush, his pillow and my night shirt to lay on. There were no one other than us, so I had time to say properly goodbye. The last thing Fister did was to lick his catnip toy. I held his head and his paw, kissed him a thousand times and told him how much I love him and wished him a safe journey to the RB.

I miss him so much!!! My flat feels empty and I feel I have lost the ones who are closest to me.

To me, Fister was the sweetest and most handsome cat in the whole world and it’s so unfair that he is not with me.

I want to go to bed and reach out for him - and he would lay in front of me with his paws on my arm, then go and lay next to my head when the lights were turned off. Oh, how I will miss that and his headbumpies in the mornings.

Fister’s liver was not working properly, there were several things wrong and he was being fed and getting water through a tube in his leg. The vet said it would be a bad idea to take him home, if only for a couple of days. So I had to make the hardest decision I ever have made. I don’t think I’ll ever stop crying.

I have scanned in the tests he had done, will attach them here:

Last edited by Randi; 02-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Rest in peace, beloved Fister, now reunited with your beloved Jonza. The pain and struggle are now over, but do, please, send some comforting rumbling purrs to Randi when she sleeps, so she knows you still love her, and will always be with her, in her heart and mind.

And of course, you will always have your page as Cat of the Day! http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/August/29.html
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Randi, I am so very, very sorry. My heart goes out to you. I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you and let you cry on my shoulder.

Rest in peace, dearest Fister, loved so much. You are free of pain and illness now at the Rainbow Bridge with John. Please send some purrs down to Randi to comfort her and let her know you are waiting to welcome her Home.. One Fine Day.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat (and cats)
    Last edited by phesina; 02-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Randi, my heart hurts for you. This is a struggle to bear I know. Please know you did all you could and Fister knew that. He went in peace on wings of love to the Bridge.

All of us are with you and are here for you.

Fister, Godspeed to the Bridge, honey. You are so loved. Send purrs of peace to your Mom - she'll miss you so.

Love, Maggie, Coop & Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Blog Entries

bump

RIP sweet Fister....
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/entry.ph...ife-after-love <---click
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Randi, I thought about you and Fister most of the morning, hoping against hope that some miracle could spare
    you the sorrow of having to say the final goodbye to your sweet boy. It was not to be. I am glad that you did have those
    last minutes to hold him & whisper your goodbyes in person. I know that made a difference to Fister. He knew he was
    not alone. By now Fister has joined John & feels no pain. Rest In Peace sweet boy.

You have my deepest sympathy. (((Hugs)))
    Liz
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am sitting here crying for Fister and I know what ever I write won't begin to express how much all of us loved Fister.

Fister is now with Jon and both are having a wonderful reunion.

May Fister play hard at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for the time that you will be reunited.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Randi - I'm so sorry. I know what you're going thru, and not a day has gone by that I haven't shed at least a few tears for Sparky - and he passed on last October. The hurt just never goes away, tho it will lessen in time. {{{Hugs}}}

RIP dear Fister. Goodnight - and may you be blessed with sweet and happy dreams for all eternity.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am heartbroken for your loss. Fister was one of the grand gentlemen of PT, and we won't ever forget him.

Randi, I was afraid all day that you had to let Fister go. I cannot tell you how sorry I am. And it is so close to the date when you lost John eight years ago. I really hope they are together now.
    Sending hugs and love.

Randi...I am crying...HUG...a long hug. You must know you did every single thing you could for your most beloved Fister. Remember his love for you.

Fister, do let your mom know you are safe and free...comfort her in some way from where you are.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So sorry about Fister. Play hard at the Bridge, fella. Hugz to you, Randi.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Randi,
    My heart continues to break for you. I am so sorry to hear that we have lost Fister, one of my favorite orangies. How I remember well the taming of Fister over the years, from the boy that liked to be outside, to the boy that became comfortable in the flat. Though different in colour, Fister always reminded me of RB Tex, my heart kitty. May you allow all of us to comfort you, though right now nothing soothes, and know many, many of us are praying for you, holding you tight in our thoughts. I just know Jon and Fister have reunited.

Much, much love,
    Johanna

Oh my Gosh, Randi.... My heart breaks for you; I don't know what to say right now, that's quite a shock!

oh Randi i am so very sorry, this brought tears to my eyes just reading about your love and devotion for fister,i know how heartbreaking it is , and nothing can make you feel better, but please know we are all with you in spirit and send our love and hugs at this very sad and difficult time,i am thinking of you,HUGS.RIP dear sweet Fister, ellie and ash are there to greet you sweet furbaby.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️