Thread: Freedom

Freedom

Hi Freedom, I just noticed you live in Rhode Island, I'm also from Rhode Island, my parents moved to California when I was 15, had no choice in that one. My parents and Grandparents all lived in Woonsocket, RI. I went to Woonsocket Jr High School for a year. Have been in California for many years now.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,
    We have a few "former" RI'ers on PT!

I've 'only' lived here 17 years or so. I moved here from Maine, where I lived for 5 years. I still remember being astounded that if I drove straight for 20 minutes I was out of the state! Maine, you can stay on Rt 95, Rt 1, or many other roads, for HOURS and still be in state ha haaa.

Now, I've become a "TRUE" RI'er. I live on the East Bay and wonder if I need a passport for crossing the Washington Bridge into the rest of the state!

Glad you posted!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Not butting in, but I'm one of those former RI'ers. I was born and raised there - in Warwick - and moved away when I married. I haven't been back there in many years - close to 30 I guess. No reason since parents are gone, and what little family I have left, have also moved from there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Rhode Island

Yes we lived in Woonsocket, Rhode Island until I was 15 or 16. Lived up near the St. Francis Orphanage which I hear now are condos. Before that lived in Pascoag, R.I. At that time we had cocker spaniels, it's only after we moved to California that we got the Schnauzers. My Aunt lived in Chepachet and I used to go back there every summer, especially for the Horrible Parade. Nice to meet you.
    Jackie