Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fister is at the hospital

Randi, I am so so sorry. It reminds me of Tigris and I remember that biopsy surgery which we had and which only gave Tigris a terrible week when we should just have accepted that he was too sick to survive
    Fister for me is one of the last of Pet Talk's old gentlemen and ladies and it is as if I had known him. I send you hugs- you know he will meet John in paradise right away.

Randi, I'm just seeing this and am so sorry. We all feel like Fister is our own and can just imagine your pain.

Much love - {{{{hugs}}}} to you and dear Fister. Peace to you both.

Maggie & Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Randi, I am so very sorry. I've been following Fister's ups & downs with his eating, but in his latest pics he looks
    so good, just tired maybe, but content. I just don't know what to say. (((Hugs))) to you & sweet boy Fister.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Randi, sending you lots of hugs, and prayers at this difficult time. Prayers for Fister, and the white coats, too, of course.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Randi...I wish I was there just to hug and hold you. It's the worst fear for any of us who love our cats so much. And Fister is a link with Jon - which makes it even harder, if it even could be.

When you do go to the vet please give Fister kisses for me, on his lovely orange forehead.

Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs. I am so so so sorry.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just sent an email to the vet about payment methods. I will let you know when I hear anything.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Randi. My heart breaks for you, and for Fister. You are in the most difficult of positions, putting the welfare of sweet Fister before your own feelings. There probably isn't a single one of us that hasn't been in that position, not that that is any solace for you now. I wish you all the support and love you need as you walk through this nightmare. I have no doubt Jon will be there, too.

Much love,
    Johanna

So sorry to hear this. Sending lots of love to you and Fister.

I am sitting her crying for you and Fister. Having had to make that decision twice in just over a year or so for 2 of mine, I know how much I still cry for them. Just don't let him suffer..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am so sorry to read about Fister. Is there anyway you can bring him home for the night and then have the vet come over to your house tomorrow (if that is the decision you make). At least then he would be at home ....

Thank you from my heart. I just can't face going over there tomorrow to say goodbye just like that. Since Fister is getting some food and fluids in him, he must perk up a bit, and if he's pain, they can give him painkillers, perhaps even some that works for several days.

I know that he hasn't got much time left, but if he could be comfortable just a few days at home... we both need to say goodbye properly - on the bed with some serious cuddling. Imagine going over to the hospital and have a "few" minutes with him, and then the injection. I don't think I can face that. It already feels empty in my flat without Fister.

Fister's vet is at FB and I sent him a msg, with a link to this thread. I'm grasping for straws here, but perhaps he could give me some advice about how to do this. He's home sick, though. https://www.facebook.com/#!/erik.s.larsen?fref=ts

My friend, Annette, from London called, we had a long chat and she has been trough this several times. She is my closest friend, so it was nice talking to her.

Although Fister hasn't come up in bed for the past two days, I really miss him here.

Will take a pill and try to sleep soon.

I appreciate your support.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Randi, my hear is breaking over Fister. If thre is anyway that Fister could be helped, let the kind people here contribute to his cause. When Mac was ill and needed tests, the wonderfulPT people contributed enough money to cover the costs. If I had any money to contribute I would do it in a split second. I hope Fister rallies enough to give you two some more quality time together. You are both in my prayers.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm so sorry Randi. This is what happened to our Paddy who was hyperthyroid and his red blood cell count was very low too. I wish my vet had put him on food when he was at the clinic but they didn't and too many days passed and I couldn't turn it around. If Fister is any better when you get to the vet, I wonder if starting him on thyroid meds would help. I don't know what his red blood cell count is but Paddy's option was a blood transfusion and by the time his low count was discovered, it was too late. But maybe for Fister it could be in time. It's so hard to know what to do. I found alot of support and answers on the Yahoo Thyroid feline board. Many of the people who went through this opted for a feeding tube for their cats which allowed them to feed them at home but not have to force feed by mouth which was more peaceful for the cat as syringe feeding can be so difficult. It also allowed them to make sure the cat got enough food while on the thyroid meds which can decrease their appetite. And then the hope is to ultimately get them to begin eating on their own again.

I just don't want you and Fister to go through a difficult time at home on your own over these next few days because this happened to us and it is not easy. Please talk to your vet about being at home with him and how things may happen for Fister. Because of the lack of oxygen it can become difficult to breathe and being able to take Fister to the vet when it's time may be something that you will want to be able to do. I was very grateful that I had this option even though it was 11:00 at night. I'm so sorry this is happening. I know how much he means to you. My heart goes out to you Randi and to sweet Fister.

It breaks my heart to read this and I know what you mean by having a proper good-bye. I've always made the decision to have the vet come to my home but it's expensive and I realize that it's not an option for everyone. His last few days should be spent in your arms, feeling the love flow.

Many prayers on the way Randi. ♥♥♥
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Randi - this may be grasping at straws at this stage, but I thought I'd throw it out there for what it's worth.

A few years ago, Myndi had a GI bleed, and her red blood count was so low, that her vet was truly amazed that she was still alive, let alone still being able to walk. Along with the meds for her ulcer, she was put on a very potent vitamin supplement that was high in iron, and I was told to give her as much liver that she could/would eat. After 2 weeks when she went back for a followup visit (which I truly didn't expect her to live long enough to make), all her blood values were normal and right where they should be. She wasn't a young dog when this happened either - she was 14 and considered a senior. This might be worth a mention to the vet, but I'm no doctor, so I don't know if anything like this would work for Fister.

Still hoping for a miracle for your dear boy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~