Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, seriously, what can I do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    I would do something about it because if Mikey did something to the other dog (in defense obviously), then it wouldn't matter that the other dog was aggressive, they would probably place the blame on him. We had an aggressive dog once (ages ago) and the situation was not pretty when he ended up biting someone. So, I think it'd be best to call AC and see if there is anything they can do. You don't want Mikey to get hurt or the little ankle biter to end up bleeding.
    My thoughts too. You need to do something. If talking to the owner isn't working, you NEED to get someone else involved. This dog is trespassing and is a danger to your dog, and probably yourself too if they ever really got into it and you try to break them up. You can call AC on him without even bringing up your pet, just say "This dog is running around loose with no owner and has come onto my property more than once." And call them to report it EVERY TIME it happens.

Just a curious thought though, why isn't he registered? Too many pets for your county or just not up-to-date on vaccines? Not sure how things work outside my bubble... here, you register them when they get their rabies vaccine and the vet who admins the vaccine sends in the paperwork. However, there is a 3 pet per household limit (by law) so IF someone were to report me I COULD get in trouble...

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    My thoughts too. You need to do something. If talking to the owner isn't working, you NEED to get someone else involved. This dog is trespassing and is a danger to your dog, and probably yourself too if they ever really got into it and you try to break them up. You can call AC on him without even bringing up your pet, just say "This dog is running around loose with no owner and has come onto my property more than once." And call them to report it EVERY TIME it happens.

Just a curious thought though, why isn't he registered? Too many pets for your county or just not up-to-date on vaccines? Not sure how things work outside my bubble... here, you register them when they get their rabies vaccine and the vet who admins the vaccine sends in the paperwork. However, there is a 3 pet per household limit (by law) so IF someone were to report me I COULD get in trouble...
    Too be honest, I didn't even know they had to be registered until over the summer when someone told me about it. I can't get a straight answer from online about registering him and I can't get anyone to answer the phones (well they don't know anything if I do anyway) at the town. My mom has called as well, we just can't find out a lot. We're probably gonna have to go in person. He is completely up to date on his vaccines though, he always is

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Too be honest, I didn't even know they had to be registered until over the summer when someone told me about it. I can't get a straight answer from online about registering him and I can't get anyone to answer the phones (well they don't know anything if I do anyway) at the town. My mom has called as well, we just can't find out a lot. We're probably gonna have to go in person. He is completely up to date on his vaccines though, he always is
    Some rural counties where I live don't require registration, others do. MOST clinics will submit the paperwork for you, but some don't. Again, not sure how it is where you live but I would ASSUME if he's UTD on all vaccines there isn't really anything to worry about, and sometimes owners don't even realize that the clinic registers the pet for them when we issue the rabies vaccine. Do you get a tag with his rabies vaccine? If so, that is his registration.

facebook

Some rural counties where I live don't require registration, others do. MOST clinics will submit the paperwork for you, but some don't. Again, not sure how it is where you live but I would ASSUME if he's UTD on all vaccines there isn't really anything to worry about, and sometimes owners don't even realize that the clinic registers the pet for them when we issue the rabies vaccine. Do you get a tag with his rabies vaccine? If so, that is his registration.
    LOL, see I have no clue. He does have a tag for his rabies vaccination. It just says 2012, address of his vets office, and 'rabies vaccination'. It is a little heart shaped tag. He is going to the Vet in march for his other vaccinations and a well visit, I guess his yearly ones. I am not entirely sure of what he needs every year? Bordatella maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    LOL, see I have no clue. He does have a tag for his rabies vaccination. It just says 2012, address of his vets office, and 'rabies vaccination'. It is a little heart shaped tag. He is going to the Vet in march for his other vaccinations and a well visit, I guess his yearly ones. I am not entirely sure of what he needs every year? Bordatella maybe?
    It depends. Here the "yearly" vaccines are the distemper combo or DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvo and parainfluenza) with or without leptospirosis (DHLPP with lepto). Bordetella is always given every 6 months to a year (depending on how often you groom/board/go to dog parks/events etc and what those facilities require). Here you can legally get a 1y or 3y rabies. Depending on the clinic you may also get a 3y distemper combo vaccine. Leptospirosis (if he's vaccinated for it) and bordetella are given yearly.

I would ASSUME if he has a tag stating he is vaccinated for rabies that some form of registration was also done. Ask your vet when you take him in March <3

EDIT: This is our vaccine protocol for the St. Louis area; some vaccines are lifestyle and region dependant. There are other vaccines, such as influenza and lymes, etc, that are lifestyle or region-based so your protocol may be, and probably is, a little different than ours. For example, vets in your area may not even worry about vaccinating for lepto. However, the "base" vaccines are some combination of distemper, rabies, and bordetella.

facebook

IT HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY!:mad

Moron had the dog off-leash! Mikey (ON THE LEASH) barked, she heard and came running out of her garage down the block. THANK god there was snow because I kept kicking it on her. I got between them and she finally stopped. Clueless idiot comes up "Sorry"...I said "LOOK keep your dog on a leash...this is the 5th time she's done this" he goes "I didn't know your dog would do that." WHAT?!? DO WHAT? BARK? BE ON A WALK? What was he going to stand there while your out of control idiotic dog was attacking him??? WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN?

My Dad was coming out to shovel and he goes "You better keep that dog away from my dog or I am seriously calling animal control. This isn't the first time this has happened. Mikey isn't aggressive EVER and would never attack another dog unless provoked. She's going to wind up getting hurt, do you really want that? KEEP her on a leash and away from him". Clueless guy, after hearing about calling AC he said "I am sorry this will NOT happen again".

My dad is completely serious. Regardless of my dog not being registered, he is not a danger to anyone (THIS is a dog who tries to PLAY with wild animals) and we don't even need to bring that up. I am sick of this moron and his little nuisance.

How dare you have him on a leash on a walk and how dare he bark...

facebook

How dare you have him on a leash on a walk and how dare he bark...
    This guy really had a mental issue...or he's just clueless. I don't understand where your brain has to be to say something like that!! Mikey wasn't even barking at her. He likes to announce his presence when he comes out LOL. But I didn't even see her till I turned around, this time there was no leash dragging behind her.

I can't believe some people have the nerve to keep a dog like that off a leash, what a moron.