Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Years Later...

3 Years Later...

To anyone out there in Pettalk that might remember me (Emeraldgreen), I just wanted to say hello. I don't know where the time has gone but here it is three years later and I've been thinking of visiting Pettalk so I finally emailed Karen to help login because my username or password wasn't working.

I hope everybody is doing well!!! My husband and I moved to another island in 2010 but found it a bit remote so we have just returned to Quadra about a month ago and I'm back working with the cat rescue group. I never stopped but couldn't do any hands on work from afar and just did things like handled their emails and maintained the website and made posters for adoptable kittens and cats etc.. But now I'm so happy to be able to help with the real work of trapping and checking in on foster homes and adopting cats out. To date we've fixed 243 cats and found homes for about 100 kittens and cats. We're hoping to get a whole bunch of work done this year and with kitten season around the corner we're about to get started with the trapping next month.

It still amazes me that the cat rescue group started because of one little guy named Barney and that his life was extended because of the support, kindness and generosity of this Pettalk group. I still think of Barney alot and it always leaves me with a special feeling. I can't say I've ever experienced anything quite like that and I sure am grateful that so many of you were there to help in million different ways. Barney's Angels.

Well, I'll keep this short but just wanted to say a quick hello and hope to chat with some of you in various posts over the next while. I'm going to have to update my pets in my photo section as many are no longer with me (RIP: Muddy- most loyal dog ever, Paddington Bear- gentle giant, Jimmy- my soul cat). But of course, more rescues have joined us (Jojobears- 8year old shep/cattledog cross we adopted in May, some feral cats that I had been fostering but they remained with us as barn cats and live a happy life). The rest of the gang is still with us and just a bit older.
    p.s. I just found messages in my inbox from 2009 and 2010 that I've now read and will respond to. Sorry for the delay.

Welcome home, welcome home! Glad to hear everyone's doing well, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome back!!! I certainly do remember you. That's wonderful that the rescue group has been able to fix and find homes for so many cats. Since you've been gone my Starr, Sunny, and Storm have all passed on. I got bitten by the orangie/buff bug and I added 5 more male cats/kittens to my home last year. The three kittens will soon be 10 months old. I look forward to reading more of your posts and meeting your new additions.

I also remember you! I remember reading (and crying) over Barney.
    I believe I've lost my Taz since you've been gone and added Jax in 2010 (in my siggy).
    Welcome back! I look forward to catching up with you and hearing about the pets.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I remember you - and especially Barney We all loved him

Welcome back or maybe I should say "Welcome Home"

I have been thinking of you and often wonder how you are.
    Welcome home!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Welcome back! I'm sorry for your losses. Am looking forward to hearing more from you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What a wonderful surprise to see you back here, Lara. I have thought of you often, and wondered how you were doing. Couldn't ever forget you or dear sweet little Barney. Can't wait to hear more of what you've been doing, and meet your new kids. So sorry for the losses that you have suffered, too.

I lost Sherbie last June after him being with me for over 9 years - and he loved his Little Red Cathouse almost to the end. He went from robust to a walking skeleton in just a matter of a few weeks, so I had to make the decision to help him to The Bridge. I do miss that velcro kitty!

I also lost Sparky this past October to CHF. He had been battling it for about a year and started to decline over the summer. He passed away here at home with me and Myndi by his side. He has left a huge hole in my heart.

And believe it or not, Myndi is still with me and will celebrate her 17th birthday this Thursday, the 24th. She is still doing reasonably well, considering her age. Unbelievable!!!

Looking forward to seeing you here more now - we have all missed you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I remember you, and am glad you are 'home', too, as Pom put it.

I did lose Allie, as I mentioned to you in PM, and just last night, Jonah and I were remembering her (and crying, as we always do over our little Snuggle girl). Let's see, in two years, I added three cats and a dog. Good grief. I think I need to go drink. :-0

Hope to catch up with you thoroughly!

Welcome back, Emeraldgreen, it's so nice to hear from you again!

Thanks for the update, and we're sorry about your losses. Glad that still have some of your old gang and that you have brought new rescues into your life. Thank you for doing so much for so many kitty and doggy friends!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lara! Hi there!

I am sad to hear about you losing Jimmy and Muddy. How wonderful that dear Barney's legacy is saving and helping so many furry lives! Bless you for the work you are doing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How nice to see you back here, Lara! I sure remember Barney, he's the reason for all the great work you doing now. So glad to hear it's going well with the trapping etc. It's a lot of kitties you have helped.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Fister is getting old (16) and he won't eat or drink much, so he has lost weight. I'm giving him appetite boosters and am also trying some painkillers to see if that helps.

Good luck with everything - take care!

Give us some updates now and again, please!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Good to see you back And I can just picture you on Quadra as I remember the island very well. I can imagine that any island that is more remote is remote indeed. And of course I did not forget Barney.
    I am sure all the kitties on Quadra are grateful to him and you.

Hi everybody, thank you so much for all the nice posts. So nice to be checking in on Pettalk again and reading threads of interest.

I'm sorry that some of you have lost some beloved pets in the last few years as well. It's the hardest part but so worth it in the end to have known them and loved them even if just for a short time.

I'm going to work on updating my pics now since things have changed a bit. See if I can remember how to do this! I think the whole uploading of pics was fairly straightforward. Just have to make a collage first and then I'll get it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    I'm going to work on updating my pics now since things have changed a bit. See if I can remember how to do this! I think the whole uploading of pics was fairly straightforward. Just have to make a collage first and then I'll get it up there.
    No need to remember the old way - see the sticky thread in the top of Town Hall, there's a new easier way even!
    I've Been Frosted