Thread: Potty Training Gretchen Update (6 months old)

Potty Training Gretchen Update (6 months old)

UGH it's tough. She can hold it at nighttime (sleeping) but during day tops 3-4 hrs.
    Still having pee accidents in house my poor old carpet is suffering.
    I may have ultrasound done on her to see if her bladder is tiny and that's why she cant hold it.
    In meantime, I started to crate her at time I would normally have to take her out and keep her crated for 1 to 2 hrs. beyond the time she would of gone out. Today I was cleaning upstairs so she was in crate for 3 hrs. past time I would of taken her out.When I did take her outside she barely peed. I thought she would be peeing buckets. LOL Later this evening she peed in the house

Latest Photo Of Ms. Gretchen
    Last edited by Craftlady; 01-27-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I guess some pups just take longer to "get it" when potty training. Maybe one of these days (hopefully soon) it will just click and she will be fine.

She is so cute!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Maybe if she isn't capable of holding it when awake, you could try training her to go in a particular spot, on a "pee pad" in the bathroom, maybe?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I guess some pups just take longer to "get it" when potty training. Maybe one of these days (hopefully soon) it will just click and she will be fine.

She is so cute!
    The cuteness factor is what keeps us going
    She has done very well today (no accidents inside) and one time during day she actually went to the door and waited to go out WOW
    Going out every 2-3 hrs and after playing keeps me hopping but the trainer was right it's working! Eventually I will stretch the time going outside.

I checked with vet's office found out just how expensive it was to find out if she had a small bladder. The gal at desk and I agreed we can wait and see. Even if it's small we cant make it grow LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Maybe if she isn't capable of holding it when awake, you could try training her to go in a particular spot, on a "pee pad" in the bathroom, maybe?
    So far today she has proven holding it does work for a short period of time. Eventually I will extend the time frame she to take outside.
    Boy this is work!