Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasha and Raven are getting a new brother

Tasha and Raven are getting a new brother

Hello PT,

I have not been around in some time, I know, but I have some news that I'm bursting to share, so here I am! I've wanted for so many years to adopt a greyhound, and the time is finally right for me. Today the girls and I got to meet and pick our new family member, and soon he will be coming home to live with us. His foster family just needs to connect with the adoption rep who will bring him home and do the final paperwork. So, meet 5-year-old Rudy, the boy who immediately chose me as his new parent, and whom my girls obviously showed relaxation and acceptance of.

Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow, what happy news! Hello, Rudy! You are so handsome! Welcome to PT! Congratulations, Jess, Tasha and Raven!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh my gosh, he is beautiful.........er, I mean handsome. I love his coloring.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you guys! So good to see some familiar faces . I took my boy Tommy's death a year ago extremely hard. It has been a difficult year. I cannot think about that 24 hours of time even now without tears and heartache.

But suddenly, I realized I was ready, the time was right. I have suffered for a year, and now, life must go on, and it is time to do what I have felt such a pull to do for many years now; to adopt a greyhound. Tasha officially is 14 years old in 3 days. My girl is on Rimadyl full time now, but otherwise she is still doing so very well at her age. I just knew, NOW is the time. Not when she deteriorates more, not when the unthinkable occurs. Now it is time. And so sweet Rudy immediately showed his preference for me, his immediate velcro'ing to my side that said "I want you." And as if it were meant to be, which indeed it must be, he is the dog my girls settled and relaxed around, it was more than clear to both me and the volunteer that the girls felt most relaxed and content around gentle Rudy.

I'm so lucky, and blessed indeed, that this beautiful soul chose me.

I thought I'd throw in a picture from a month or so ago of the girls.

I hope and pray for a smooth transition for all, while having the determination and understanding that there may be some rough spots as everyone gets settled, and I will do whatever is necessary to make sure everyone has their space and does not feel intruded upon.

Oh, wow, good to see you back, and with such happy news! Congratulations on the impending addition!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow, that is some awesome news Congrats! Can't wait to see more of him. And it's really good to see the girls again too!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post

Congratulations! Rudy is a beauty, for sure. Wishing him many happy and healthy years in your care.

I do believe the first thing you need to buy for him, is a longer bed!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you all! I can't tell you how excited I am. Rudy should have no problem finding bedding around here . He'll have pick between 2 sofas, and huge dog bed behind my desk, the one Tasha and Raven are on in the picture above (it's just a bit shorter than twin mattress size), and multiple old comforters thrown around so they have multiple picks of soft places to lay. His coat is coming with him so that I got to cross off my shopping list for now. This is a photo of him in it, I took yesterday when we met him.

He comes with a martingale collar and lead, already microchipped, desexed and fully health checked and teeth cleaned. I've started reading a couple books regarding some issues that may arise unique to retired greyhounds. We're going to be more than ready .

Oh, my ... he is absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!

I'm so happy for you Jess! Rudy is gorgeous.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh, Congratulations! I am so happy for you, I am also so jealous!! I cannot wait to adopt my own grey Rudy is gorgeous, welcome to the family! Raven and Tasha will love him I bet. I wish you three many happy years

Oh my gosh! He's so cute!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thanks all. I did some shopping for him today. He's going to be one well set up pup when he comes home. Foster mom wrote me that he's doing well, that he obviously really bonded with me on Saturday. He loves to play and squeak his toys, and she will send some home with him. They will let me know as soon as they set up a date/time with the adoption rep. So very hard to wait. But he's certainly worth it

Congratulations and so good to see you back here. Rudy is beautiful, I am also jealous because I love greyhounds! Can't wait for the influx of pictures when he comes home with you!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I him! Congratulations! I love greyhounds, and especially those with that coat color. Tommy is smiling down on you all during this exciting time. Welcome home, Rudy!!! (love the name, by the way! It's really becoming of such a magnificent creature!)