Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Blog Entries
    Winter is determined to stay & won't give spring a break. There is cold rain & sleet with lots of wind & mud everywhere with temperatures in the low 40's. Tonight there is more freezing rain coming with a dip down into the low 30's. It is just down right sour outside.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Winter won't release it's grip on us this year--- we still have lots of snow and they just predicted more mixed with rain and sleet for the rest of the week such fun. Easter has come and gone but it seems like it just wasn't here yet this year , we were still knee deep in snow and winter jackets, still are. Some of the snow did melt over the weekend and the past few days so I hope the forecast is wrong. Right now it's only 1 degree C.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

It's 60F today but everything is wet and flooded. Yeccch! Too much rain fell too fast, flooding highways, streets, underpasses and the Deep Tunnel system in Chicago. They had to open the locks and let water into Lake Michigan. It's still cloudy. I know that April showers bring May flowers, and I know that we were far behind on moisture with last year's drought. Hopefully this will go a long way toward catching us up, but what a wet, sloppy day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am grateful we have had dry weather for the most part this week, so investigators were able to gather as much evidence as possible from the bomb scenes.

The days have been bright and sunny, but still feel somber around here of course, as we recover from the tragedy that touched so many lives.
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    It is currently 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit here in Prudhoe Bay.

Spring? What's that?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

It's 57F and it's been raining for most of the day. I enjoyed looking at Pomtzu's photos of Wolfy and Sowa's pictures of Loki in the sunshine! That was a treat for me on a yucky day. This is more like mid-October than mid-September.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It was in the 40's when I got up around 6 a.m., but it warmed up nicely to 75 this afternoon, It was a beautiful and clear day all day. It's supposed to be in the 70's all week. So glad that the hot summer days are over for yet another year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

gorgeous spring is here in NZ, crispy cold mornings and nights still and we had some bad storms last week, but typical of spring, along with all the sneezing grr,but other than that brilliant sunshine today and very pleasant 12 c or 53F with high of 17 predicted, my kind of temps .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

about 30°C (86°F) here

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Today and tomorrow morning are our first real frost. The temp has been falling all day. It will be below freezing tonight and the winds are already 25 mph plus. the kitties are all in the living room near the kerosene heater.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It is currently 30°F here, but "feels like 19°F" and is supposed to go down into the low twenties, maybe even the teens overnight!

We had some snow this morning, but just air snow as the ground was too warm for it to last!
    I've Been Frosted

27°F

FEELS LIKE 19°

And a few inches of snow on the ground!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's in the 30's here in NJ but very sunny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autumn greetings wreath.gif 
Views:	35 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	57418

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Cold?? It hasn't been cold yet! Except in my office at work. We all walk around with sweaters and coats on all day.
    The lowest the temp in my car has shown was a couple weeks ago in the morning it said 44F. But that was only that one morning. Otherwise, it's in the upper 50s in the morning and upper 60s all day. It even rained a little on my way to work yesterday, but still not cold.
    I'll get some cold this weekend.........going up to Lake Tahoe!!

Gotta love this California weather!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Gotta love this California weather!!!
    That's what I have heard! Paul sometimes threatens to move there when the winter weather gets too much for him!
    I've Been Frosted