Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Here in the Boston suburbs, 'tis currently 26°F(-6C) and snowing! The first day of spring is generally a meaningless concept around here, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Here it is the first day of spring and we got 6" of snow today I am loving it and hope this means spring will pass us by this time around. I hate spring
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

When it is 21°F (-6° C) at noon in Boston ....

They say it's spring in Boston
    Beneath a clear blue sky
    But ice dams still
    On rooftops lurk
    And laugh, and shout "You lie!"

After our record snow
    But snowbanks,
    Frozen solid still
    Stolidly say, "Just no!"

The potholes rule the road
    But ice forms in them
    Every night
    The road bed to corrode

But I think they do not know
    Spring ain't just
    A calendar date,
    When still the north winds blow

While gardeners just sigh
    No tilling works
    In frozen ground
    First planting may be in July!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, it's supposed to get up into the 40s this week.

I'll believe it when I see it, especially with 1" of new snow on the ground this morning.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Well, today we have bright sunshine, and it is above freezing in the direct sunlight. The temperature is actually right on 32°F (0°C) but the water I set out for the birds is liquid, as the sun is beating down on it!

They are still predicting 46’F tomorrow, we'll believe it when it happens!
    I've Been Frosted

9 degrees? Wow. It's very nice down here. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while. We've been known to skip Spring altogether and go right to summer. Knock on Wood.

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It is now above freezing 34°F (1°C) and raining! It was up to 46°F earlier, but went back down as soon as the sun started to go down. We'll see how much of a dent these next couple days make in the snowbanks! The ground is still frozen solid, so not much water will be absorbed even where the snow is gone.
    I've Been Frosted

Normally the crocuses are blooming and the daffodils and tulips are well-sprouted by now...not this year. Whenever we get a day above 40F it rains. Like today. It's supposed to be cold again this weekend. No true snowpack anymore, but plenty of snow in shaded areas, and yes, the dreaded black snowbanks!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Going down to 14* tonight and supposed to snow. I knew winter wasn't really over yet.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ah, Spring, but is Winter making a last rally? Down to 35 tonight and 30 tomorrow. Freeze warning, but not for pipes, but for plants.

I thought I was done with Kerosene, but not so. Had to buy some tonight. Cold houses are not fun.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

14°F Feels Like 6° and a blanket of snow covering the ground.
    Forever in my heart...

In October, November or even December, I make wake Paul a couple hours before he's really supposed to get up just to say, "It's snowing!!!!" Near the end of March - NOT!

It is currently snowing furiously, teeny flakes, though the ground, where it not still covered by snow - is so wet from the past two days of rain that it is only sticking on the old snow, and drier places like tree branches. And it is exactly 32°F(0°C) though yesterday the forecast said it was going to be warmer!
    I've Been Frosted

13* this morning. I hope this is the last of that kind of cold!
    Forever in my heart...

We have skipped Autumn and jumped strait into Winter . It is currently 8c but the feels like temp is 5c.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wait - are you currently in the Southern hemisphere? We are theoretically transitioning from winter to spring here .... Although we have sleet forecast for tonight, and snow ...
    I've Been Frosted