Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

It's currently 27F (-3C). Partly cloudy tomorrow, chance of freezing rain tomorrow changing to snow on Wednesday. Forecast is for the temps to stay around 20-25F through Wednesday. I'm tired of a heavy coat and scarf, mittens and boots - but the northeast has had it a lot worse than we have around here, especially the past couple of weeks. So I can't complain.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

14°F Feels Like 5° Everything outside is ice. Just ice. Warming up some today and tomorrow, maybe we can get rid of some of the ice.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Paul would move there in a heartbeat if things were different! Some winters - it has not come up yet this year, he looks at me, and says, "Florida or Southern California?"
    Having lived in California (Northern) all my life and having visited Florida once, I'd choose California. Florida is just too humid/muggy for me.
    We have cold weather (rarely, but sometimes) like when it was in the 20s and I found the Chihuahua on my porch. This winter was just dry and warm for some reason.

Even Southern California is always much warmer than the Bay Area (San Francisco) where I live. That's why we go to Disneyland in January.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Having lived in California (Northern) all my life and having visited Florida once, I'd choose California. Florida is just too humid/muggy for me.
    We have cold weather (rarely, but sometimes) like when it was in the 20s and I found the Chihuahua on my porch. This winter was just dry and warm for some reason.

Even Southern California is always much warmer than the Bay Area (San Francisco) where I live. That's why we go to Disneyland in January.
    Well, Worcester, the city where my niece lives, and my older brother works, just was granted the title of the Snowiest City in America! It is lightly snowing now, which is kinda funny, as this was supposed to be the day without snow between the storms!
    I've Been Frosted

8°F Feels Like -10° Looks like I'll be posting in this thread a lot the next few days.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    8°F Feels Like -10° Looks like I'll be posting in this thread a lot the next few days.
    Stay warm and safe!

Relatively warm here today, 24°F, with air snow, but they are predicting a deep freeze Friday. and then another "major" storm for Sunday!
    I've Been Frosted

Stay warm and safe!
    Thanks Karen, I hope everyone stays safe and warm!
    It's -4°F Feels Like -4° here as I head out to work. At least no wind chill, so not too bad.
    Forever in my heart...

Earlier today it was 6°F - and got all the way up to its current 13°F (-11°C) (wind chill at -3°F[-19C])

The media is all tizzy as we are predicted to get another blizzard this weekend, we'll see what happens, but the next town over, where my church is located, has already declared a parking ban for Saturday and Sunday, so unless that changes, I am betting church will be called off.
    I've Been Frosted

To all our friends of all species, good wishes and hopes and prayers that you all stay safe and warm what with all this snow and cold.

(I wish I could do something more than just send along good wishes..)

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Earlier today it was 6°F - and got all the way up to its current 13°F (-11°C) (wind chill at -3°F[-19C])

The media is all tizzy as we are predicted to get another blizzard this weekend, we'll see what happens, but the next town over, where my church is located, has already declared a parking ban for Saturday and Sunday, so unless that changes, I am betting church will be called off.
    Parking Ban?

Our temps will seem balmy to you. Today it got up to 37F, but all this weekend and next week the night temps will be in the upper teens and low twenties. This is cold for us.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Right now it's 25F (-4C), but with the wind chill it feels like 13F. Snow is predicted for tomorrow, Sunday and Monday with highs around 15F both tomorrow and Sunday. I am so ready for a break in the weather. This has been a long week.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Parking Ban?

Our temps will seem balmy to you. Today it got up to 37F, but all this weekend and next week the night temps will be in the upper teens and low twenties. This is cold for us.

Yes, in these old New England town and cities, with streets laid out by following cow paths, dodging swaps, etc, long before civil engineering nd street planning was a "thing" end up banning on-street parking for storms, simply so they can plow safely. The streets are already much narrowed by the [previous storms' snowbanks, and they are running out of places to put the excess! Running errands today, I ended up waiting for 5 minutes as a guy in a Fedex truck stopped in the middle of the street, put on his flashers and delivered a package - thank heavens he apparently didn't need a signature! There was nowhere for him to pull over or off the road, and the road was down o=to one land of navigable space.

I got a call less than an hour ago, my own city, Waltham, is having a parking ban staring at ten p.m. Saturday night, but they at least list alternative places for folks to park if they need it!
    I've Been Frosted

In my little town, they have street signs (that are up all year)warning you not to park on the street when there is any accumulation of snow.
    This is because they will be plowing the streets.
    Forever in my heart...

The snow started falling a couple hours ago, we are supposed to get 12" to 14" or more, or less, depending on what station you listen to. There's not much wind yet, that's supposed to come later, and the storm will intensify overnight. The little birds (juncos and sparrows) cleaned off two plates of seed from late this morning, I put out more. I haven;t seen the mourning doves yet, they may be sheltering in the hedge until they have to eat!

Church tomorrow has been cancelled, so has a lot of everything else in this end of the state! The bigger weather news is after the storm, the temps are supposed to drop like a rock, it is now 21°F (-13C) but is supposed to drop below zero Sunday night into Monday, with winds making it feel like -25 to -35°F (-32 to -36C).
    I've Been Frosted

5°F Feels Like -13° We has about 3" of snow today on top of the 14" we already had.
    At least it was warmer earlier so the dogs got some play time.
    Forever in my heart...