Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    19F (-5C) with wind chill 6F in Chicago tonight. 60 percent chance of snow around here tomorrow.

Hi, Jake and Layla!

Jake and Layla say hi back at ya Elise! Stay warm!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Here is a picture from 3 days ago - I posted in the Dog House for Richard, but this is what November looks like around here!

Bitter cold last night, just cold tonight, all the water in the "umbrella holder" froze solid last night and stayed that way all day, but the water for the birds at least gets some sun, so thawed a little! It is currently 27F, -3C here!
    I've Been Frosted

It's supposed to be 52 F tomorrow, which will fell downright balmy. It was 19 last night, and will be 28 F tonight.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

After nights in the upper teens and low 20s, tonight will be around 39. It will feel rather warm. I hope I don't bake myself with the heater. 50% chance of rain, too which is probably why it's warmer.

The days are still in the 50s. Welcome to the South.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

32F (zero degrees C), winds from the southwest at 12 miles per hour. It's supposed to be back up in the 40s tomorrow. PTers east of me, I hope you are all safe, warm and dry! We've seen scary snowy weather on the news and there were flights cancelled at both Midway and O'Hare.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Too darn cold and windy. It will be in the low 20's to high teens tonight. It got to around 30-35 today, but the wind went right thru me. HATE the wind when it's combined with cold. Brrrrrrrr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    25 degrees F this morning & a heat wave today in the 40's then a cold wave coming with single digits predicted. An early winter with about 5 inches of snow, lots of corn in the fields yet, slow harvest this fall.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

8. Its been unusually warm so far. on Thanksgiving day it was warm enough not to wear long sleeves or have a fire going till way late at night.

The severe cold warning is over now. We are at -11 F at 3:45 pm and will be a balmy -24F overnight. At least the heavy snow has stopped. Whew!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It's going to start warming up here next week - we'll get to 0 C or +32F.

Tonight the wind chill will take it down to -40C, which is the same temperature in F. The actual temp without wind chill is a balmy -29C. YEEEKS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

YIKES!!! YOWEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

BRRRRrrrrr.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

50F (10C), bright and sunny in Chicago today! Yesterday was chilly, grey and rainy all day - today is a delight!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It's now 10.00 pm here in Trenton on Christmas Eve and it's a tropical 61 degrees. Ugh!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Cold New Years Eve here in Ohio! 20°F Feels Like 7° Going down to 7°. Wind chill will probably be below zero!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yup, cold here, too - which made me happy for the ice sculptors working on things for Boston's First Night celebration! Currently 13°F, "feels like" -11 °F !
    I've Been Frosted