Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Due to, I guess that great mitigating factor called the Atlantic Ocean, our temps didn't stay as bitterly cold for as long as many of you! It got all the way up to +19 today, which felt fine!
    I've Been Frosted

It reached 14 F last night and 9F the night before. It was still freaky cold both mornings at 10AM.

I was worried about mechanical failures, but the reason for the delay was for child safety. It doesn't get that cold here and even the 20s it's not for long. Most people do not have heavy coats or sweaters with hats and mittens. I have a heavy coat because of the blizzard before my mother's funeral. So a lot of these kids were outside very underdressed.

Today's high of 41 felt balmy. I even took off my coat for a few hours.

It will be high 50s and low 60s by the weekend.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    It's remarkable how different -15 and +15F feel. Today is also bright and sunny, and there is less wind. We're getting a break from the very cold weather.
    Isn't that the truth??? 20* F feels like a heat wave today!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Apparently Southern CA is on 'normal' strike! It's 89* with 9% humidity and we have wind warnings, fire warnings and ocean swell warnings. What the heck is going on over here? It's winter!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post
    Apparently Southern CA is on 'normal' strike! It's 89* with 9% humidity and we have wind warnings, fire warnings and ocean swell warnings. What the heck is going on over here? It's winter!!!
    I will not let Paul see this - or he'd be on a plane there! We are far warmer than normal for January - right now it is 40° F, chance of rain - and he'd still much prefer 89° any day of the week!
    I've Been Frosted

Brrrrrrr!

Well, everybody it's currently -4 degrees F in Cabot at Concordia. It will reach a "high" of 11 degrees F this afternoon and we have about 3" of snow on the ground. I thought this was Pennsylvania, not the north pole!!

Today it's 5 degrees with a wind chill of 12 below plus there's about a foot of snow to shovel. Schools, businesses and state offices are closed due to the weather. Reports are saying this brutal cold is expected to last into next week. Last night the weatherman, Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz said this is the first time three major snow storms have hit before February 1 since meteorologists have been keeping track of these things.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

8* F . Woke up to -6*. Not going to end for awhile.
    Forever in my heart...

Those mild temperatures sure make me drool. Last night it went down to -38C and tonight it's supposed to go down to - 45C so I think the downfill jackets are here to stay. This is mid February weather, maybe we'll have a mild February. They finally plowed the roads but we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow
    At least all the lakes are frozen so we don't have to worry about any ski-doos going through thin ice by rushing it.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blog Entries
    -11 this morning with a wind chill of -35 & suppose to go down to a -45. Schools are running to hours late today. Hopefully the diesel fuel on the buses doesn't jell up. Winds blow snow on the roads & make for a slick mess, so a person has to really slow down & drive safe if one even needs to be out & about. Will throw another log on the fire.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    8* F . Woke up to -6*. Not going to end for awhile.
    Chocolatepuppy, although it's snowing lightly in Butler, Pa, it's 9 degrees ABOVE zero with a high of 15, a minor heatwave compared to yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    Chocolatepuppy, although it's snowing lightly in Butler, Pa, it's 9 degrees ABOVE zero with a high of 15, a minor heatwave compared to yesterday!
    David, we're gonna have a heat wave this weekend, up into the low 20's. Then back to severe cold again.
    Forever in my heart...

It is currently 12F here, but predicted to go down to -5F to 8 above tonight!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    David, we're gonna have a heat wave this weekend, up into the low 20's. Then back to severe cold again.
    We are having a cold wave here. 14 F two nights in a row. Ridiculous. And the school system is getting weird about it anymore. I guess they aren't worried about children that do not have cold weather gear waiting out at bus stops.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

-4*F with wind chill, feels like -18*
    Forever in my heart...