Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

-5°F Feels Like -23° Luckily, no snow overnight!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sunday Feb 15 2015
    What a night! The wind blew hard (at times 50 mph near me) all night long and today to be 20 mph. The lights flickered but managed to stay on here but some are without power. At last we're to get SNOW and/or a mix Monday night and Tuesday. The high for the next four days is 28 or so. Right now it is 14 and with wind it feels like -2. We will not be outside very long with the little girls. George loves it though; he loves to run in the wind.

Later today I'll get a big bag of sunflower seeds for the birds. I have some but not enough. Hope everybody stays safe.... Kay in NC

Glad you are all safe! And that you still have power, that's always a worry with wind storms, no matter the temperatures.

It is still snowing and blowing here, hard too tell how much we have gotten, but it looks like the snow has reached the spot on the little tree where the trunk splits into 2 branches, so there must be at least about 4 feet of snow back there!

The intense cold has not hit yet, we are all the way up to 18°F(-7 C) out there!
    I've Been Frosted

Here in Trenton we woke up to about 4" of snow and they're promising more tomorrow and later in the week. Right now it's 8 degrees with windchill that makes it feel more like 10 below, nobody on our street is outside.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Sunday Feb 15 2015
    What a night! The wind blew hard (at times 50 mph near me) all night long and today to be 20 mph. The lights flickered but managed to stay on here but some are without power. At last we're to get SNOW and/or a mix Monday night and Tuesday. The high for the next four days is 28 or so. Right now it is 14 and with wind it feels like -2. We will not be outside very long with the little girls. George loves it though; he loves to run in the wind.

Later today I'll get a big bag of sunflower seeds for the birds. I have some but not enough. Hope everybody stays safe.... Kay in NC

Indy had those high winds yesterday. Every time I opened the back door to let the dogs out, the wind nearly blew the back door off. I had to grip the doorknob
    with both hands. The winds have calmed down today but it's still cold & no snow. 13 degrees, feels like 2 degrees.

I'm really over this whole Winter thing by now & can't wait for Spring.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As I write this, it is 15.7 ° BELOW zero. The coldest we've ever had while living here was back in 1994 - one January morning it was MINUS 27 degrees.

At home it's -10F. Here in warm, tropical Syracuse, it's a balmy +3F
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

It's 2.

2 Cold!!!

At 6am this morning it was 21 below.

-5°F It was colder, but I'm running a little late.
    Forever in my heart...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0496_zps8b7d23f6.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	59213

Dreamed I was an Eskimo
    Frozen wind began to blow
    Under my boots and around my toes
    The frost that bit the ground below
    It was a hundred degrees below zero

And my mama cried
    And my mama cried
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Don't be a naughty Eskimo
    Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
    Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
    Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
    And the northern lights commenced to glow
    And she said, with a tear in her eye
    Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow
    Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow

- Frank Zappa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LinesandAngles.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	59214

Does this answer the question? Yes, those are all footy prints in the snow - squirrels. birds, and even Ilsa - a baby bunny that has been coming by lately - we've only seen her once, but she often leaves tracks!

Okay, technically, it is relatively warm, +19°F but the sun does not reach that spot, just the wind!
    I've Been Frosted

I live at the bottom of a gradual hill and the road goes up across and down again, The most entertaining thing is to watch cars TRY to navigate up and over.

A red dually truck came by fishtailing it's way up the hill, he finally had to make a U and come back down.

I started to come inside when the lady next door came around the corner, so we BOTH stood there and laughed at him.

17F with a wind chill of 6F, but it is supposed to be at least that cold or colder for the rest of the week in Chicagoland. It looks like a week for a heavy coat, hat, mittens and lots of layers of clothes. It's 84F in Australia today, wish I could just board an airplane and go! I heard on the radio that the starting point for the Iditarod (sp?) race was moved three hundred miles away from where they had planned it, because of not enough snow. The announcer joked that they have enough snow in Massachusetts for the race right now
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    -5°F It was colder, but I'm running a little late.
    Was actually -13* Work shift was delayed due to some equipment freezing up. Imagine that!

Today a bit warmer at -9* as I head out to work.
    Forever in my heart...