Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

How cold is it where you are?

9*F here right now!!! Daytime highs haven't even got up to the high teens the last few days!

Try and stay warm everyone!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Today it was warmer than the past couple of days - made it to the mid 20's - but the wind chill was in the teens. I enjoy the cold, but not the wind with it! Snow late tomorrow, but only a few inches. Bummer!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Today was colder than yesterday, which I didn't think was possible.

Currently 13 here at 8 PM, with a wind chill which makes it feel like 4!!!!

I've filled the (outside) bird feeder morning and night for 3 days now!

Cold? Extremely. They say a record-breaker. During the day with the wind chill factor it was about -35 C (not sure how this converts to Farenheit.) Supposed to "warm up" sometime next week to about + 2 C. On the radio they actually placed a takeout breakfast of cereal, juice, a latte and a banana out on the street to see how long it would take to freeze (almost instantly.) They also advised people under 50 kg to stay inside. I didn't and almost got blown down the street by a blustery wind, something like the regular occurrence in "The Flying Nun" TV series might have happened. Perhaps I would have landed somewhere sunny and warm. Whatever.

Blog Entries
    We had a wee cold snap at the end of Dec. and the begining of January. Pretty mild here in British Columbia.

I am currently in Southern California (went to Disneyland yesterday) and even though it rained today it is still in the 70s. Even now at almost 6pm.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It's been about -30 to -40 C here with the wind chill. yuck.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

It is cold - all of 14F right now which is -10 C with wind chills to -4F or -20C and lower! Good night to stay inside!
    I've Been Frosted

I thought it was cold here in central North Carolina but not compared to most of you. We are in our 3rd day of around 17 at night and 35 for the high plus wind. It was terrible outside today at 34 and windy. This is colder than normal for us. Tomorrow we are to have light snow/sleet/freezing rain.

Currently it's 16 degrees, with a 6 degree windchill. It was much worse a few days ago.

+1F

Combined with the wind up on our little piece of the hill, it's a touch chilly out.

Better, however, than Ft. Drum, which is going to be a balmy -17F tonight. I spent 2 years there, never realized how acclimated to the cold I had become until I went for my morning run in shorts and a t-shirt, then checked the weather when I got back and it was barely 30F.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Not as cold tonight. 20F. When I left choir rehearsal it felt cold, but not the "take your breath away" cold we've had the last couple of days. We are supposed to get back into the 30s by Sunday though.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This morning Trenton woke up to 13 degrees with the wind chill making it feel like 6 degrees. Snow is expected to start sometime this afternoon.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

this week has been between -31C and -29C. Today it seems to be warming up, it was -26 but already it's warmed up to -23C. Still too cold, counting the days till Spring
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

In Butler this morning it was a "balmy" 13 degrees and the wind chills were in the single digits. We're expecting 3" to 5" of snow today to add to the fun!