Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

-13F (-25C) in Chicago. But it is brightly sunny, which is a pleasure to see even though it is very cold.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Man, the midwest is really getting cold temperatures. It's colder in Illinois and Indiana than it is here in Prudhoe Bay (-2F).
    And we're on the Arctic Ocean! Huddle up by the fires. Hope it passes soon.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Well, the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, the Virginias are experiencing record cold snaps. Tonight it is supposed to drop to 9 deg F in the Upstate. The wind chill could be as low as -5.

We have a two hour delay tomorrow for school. Most of our area is rural, and cars may not start the extreme cold . It's just easier to have a delay.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

At 4:30pm temps at -2°F FEELS LIKE -25° Ran pups out after work, can't even breathe!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    At 4:30pm temps at -2°F FEELS LIKE -25° Ran pups out after work, can't even breathe!

The Governor declared a emergency "Code Red" banning all but emergency vehicles on roads. All schools & state gov. buildings closed today.

It's -12 F and wind chill at -37. Canada can have it's weather back anytime now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Right now - minus 14.3 F, wind chill minus 29°. No school today; none tomorrow, and I'm thinking they might be off Wednesday, also.

-8°F FEELS LIKE -34°

Partly Cloudy / Windy

Dangerous wind chills. Limit outdoor exposure.

^^^^^
    Right now from the weather channel. I dread getting the pups out one last time tonight and in the morning.
    Forever in my heart...

-11°F FEELS LIKE -35°

Dangerous wind chills. Limit outdoor exposure.

^^^^^
    from the Weather Channel
    Forever in my heart...

It's -14 here, schools are closed.

If Watertown, NY cancelled school every time the temp hit -14, they'd be in school year round making up for all the cancellation days. The first winter I was up there it didn't hit above 0 for the month of February. It's cold, dress intelligently and deal with it. These weather alarmists need to stop. Yes, they get ratings with their hysteria. However, it's cold now, it's been cold before, life goes on.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Still cold in Chicago this morning, right now -9F (-23C). The good news- we should be back to high 20s/low 30s later this week (they're saying Thursday into the weekend). The bad news- with warmer temps comes a daily chance of more snow. Great. I heard a funny line on the radio last night: "The North Pole called. They'd like their weather back."

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

It's so cold that an escaped inmate down in Richard's neck of the woods turned himself in!

Blackburn Escapee Suffers Frostbite And Turns Self Into Police

http://www.lex18.com/news/blackburn-...lf-into-police
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    It's so cold that an escaped inmate down in Richard's neck of the woods turned himself in!

Blackburn Escapee Suffers Frostbite And Turns Self Into Police

http://www.lex18.com/news/blackburn-...lf-into-police
    Hee hee - maybe some folks will think twice. That reminds me of an incident from many years ago, when we had the guys as roommates. Guy #1 and #2 (not referred to by name as both now have kids who might some day Google them) decided to hiking in the White Mountains in the winter. Well, they brought fuel for a camp stove but not the stove itself, and lost the trail on the way to one of the AMC huts.

Guy #1 - Let's just break off some tree branches and try to light a fire to stay warm.
    Guy #2 - We can't do that, it's illegal! We might get arrested!
    Guy #1 - Jail is heated, I'd prefer that to freezing to death on the mountain!
    I've Been Frosted

It's still -3F in Chicago tonight. But it's supposed to be in the 40s over the weekend. I saw a funny post on Facebook about Chicago's weather- "It's so cold that the politicians are putting their hands in their own pockets."

16 degrees here... it's a real heat wave

It's remarkable how different -15 and +15F feel. Today is also bright and sunny, and there is less wind. We're getting a break from the very cold weather.