Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

In yesterday's paper the Chicago Sun-Times described the weather as "unyielding", which I think is a really good description of how this winter in Chicago has been. It's now -5F just past 7 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

"Feels like" -1F!
    I've Been Frosted

This past week the local news told about a crime spree where a guy had robbed a store, stole a car and fired at gun atn another car on the freeway in an apparent road rage incident.

I laughed and thought that was really a ROAD RAGE incident.

-------------------

Coming from California, we only 'rage' if the window of the car is down.

This guy must have been REALLY ANGRY if he rolled down the window of the car while it was about 10-15 degrees -and the wind blowing past at 55 miles an hour?

That's almost -61 degrees.

I don't think I could muster enough anger to pull that off?

The past two weeks it's been between 75 - 80 degrees. Everyone is going to the beach and wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. I LOVE IT HERE!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We have approx. 21F, but it's windy, so it feels a lot colder. Ugh!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    The past two weeks it's been between 75 - 80 degrees. Everyone is going to the beach and wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. I LOVE IT HERE!
    haha, There are people all bundled up and sledding right around the corner!!!!!!

Positively balmy here - currently 36°F - though it "feels like 27F" and the temp will be dropping now that the sun is down, but we're supposed to get snow! Just a little ...
    I've Been Frosted

Boy, today, I looked at the temp before the leaving the house, thought, eh, it's 20+ degrees, don't need to put on hat and gloves, it'll be fine, but stepped out the door and got hit with a gust of wind that made me go back and get them! The biggest challenge was after church, we were moving a whole bunch of tables in - they had been borrowed by the Watertown site for a huge gathering, and were coming back home to the Belmont site. They are big molded plastic tables with metal legs that fold up. They are light enough for one person to carry a six-foot-long one, but as I was halfway to the door with one, I nearly got blown over, as the wind shifted at caught the table like a sail! It also blew all my hair across my face, so I was blinded temporarily! Thankfully, a barrel full of sand was in position to keep me from going too far, but with my lack of good balance, I decided I'd better stay inside and help put table on stacks as they came in, instead! Safer for everyone concerned!

The "feels like" temp must have been well below zero when those gusts hit!
    I've Been Frosted

Looks like I'll be moving back from the 'snow' thread to the 'how cold is it thread' tonight.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    -11 this morning with a wind chill of -35 & 35-45 mph wind gusts I still like winter
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

It was warmish today, but the temperature is dropping quickly, and is already back down to 25 but is predicted to go down to 7 tonight!
    I've Been Frosted

-12°f feels like -24°
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    -12°f feels like -24°
    No wait, it's getting colder!
    -13°F feels like -25°
    Forever in my heart...

Earlier this week the igniter went out on the HVAC unit. We went on a 'thermostat watch' for a few days, when the indoot temp hit 53, we knew there was something wrong.....

Seriously?

THis weather sucks.

Having the strangest weather down under .jan/February out hottest months,however mornings and evenings have been like seven or eight degrees Celsius ,during the day about 24 ,which is more like our march weather,however I am loving it,I hate the heat,looking at 26 today,getting hotter.,hardly used our air con this year,so good saving on the power bill.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️