Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Earlier this week the igniter went out on the HVAC unit. We went on a 'thermostat watch' for a few days, when the indoot temp hit 53, we knew there was something wrong.....

Seriously?

THis weather sucks.
    Oh, Richard, welcome to what the rest of the country lives with - you sure got spoiled living in California!
    I've Been Frosted

Right now it's 5 degrees not counting the wind chill. When my son left for work this morning it was -4. Now they're saying more snow is on the way but no word on how much. I'm loving this weather and get outside as much as possible. I thought it might be fun to record or tape these weather reports of sub-zero temperatures then play them back during the inevitable summer heat waves.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

29 and snowing. It will get colder
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Already -5* at 9:30pm.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's a good day. 21F, not too windy and bright sunshine. i'd have gone to the car wash but it is supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday. I'd take more days like this.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How are you Canadian folks making out with all this?

It's been miserable around here (southeast Michigan) as far as I'm concerned, but you guys are SO much farther north. How are you doing? (Or is this just, ho hum, another cold snowy winter, and you Yanks are SUCH wimps!)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This has been the coldest winter for most of Canada in some time. Locally we had bad wind chills in November - last year just a couple of days in December. The wind chills lately are lasting at least a week.

This morning in Cochrane, AB is was -33 C at 8 am; the wind chill made it -43C. That's -27.4 F and -45.4 respectively.

At 9:30 am it warmed up to a balmy -30 C with the chill of -40 C. That's - 22F and - 40F. (Numbers are the same at - 40).

But it's nice and sunny out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    This has been the coldest winter for most of Canada in some time. Locally we had bad wind chills in November - last year just a couple of days in December. The wind chills lately are lasting at least a week.

This morning in Cochrane, AB is was -33 C at 8 am; the wind chill made it -43C. That's -27.4 F and -45.4 respectively.

At 9:30 am it warmed up to a balmy -30 C with the chill of -40 C. That's - 22F and - 40F. (Numbers are the same at - 40).

Dang. That makes me cold just thinking about it. Please keep it up there , ok?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

YOW!

How many seconds does it take for any exposed skin to get frostbitten?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

4*F right now. Don't think anything of this cold anymore.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    -11 degrees F here this morning till noon. Barrow, Alaska had 18 degrees F yesterday. Another cold spell but the sun is out that counts big time.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    YOW!

How many seconds does it take for any exposed skin to get frostbitten?
    I think 10 minutes or less. A friend and I bundled up and were going to do our 'walking group' outdoors. However, the zipper on my long coat separated up to my chest - not good. Plus, any exposed skin on my face was hurting after about 3 - 5 seconds exposure.

We went for coffee instead!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

At the start of the Olympics, there was a feature on Siberia on TV. They said the temps got down to 50 below. I thought of you, Candace, and your walking group.

Coffee sounds like a much better idea!
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    -25 this morning it is clear & the sun will be up soon to warm things up.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

It amazes me that the temp actually drops as low as -40c and less, and people go out and about and do stuff lol. Cold for us is -2c .

The crazy hot summer is really upsetting me . The sooner autumn and winter are here the better, then happy me returns.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*