Today my sweet little old lady celebrates her 17th birthday, and she officially becomes the oldest canine furkid that I ever had the pleasure to be a Mom to. I attribute her longevity to tons of TLC, a great vet, obviously good genes, and her feisty, strong willed, determined, hard-headed, and stubborn spirit. Her vet said that Myndi is one of her oldest - if not the oldest - canine patient that she has too. All of that is quite an achievement.

We're going to spend a quiet day and get in a lot of extra snuggling too. And since she absolutely loves peanutbutter cookies, I'm going to bake a batch for her. Of course she won't eat all of them herself, and she will share with all of us. I wish Sparky was here to help her celebrate her big day - and help her to devour some of those cookies - but I'm sure he's looking down on her with his goofy little grin, and bragging to all of his new friends about his big sister.

And so Miss Myn, thank you for being my steadfast and loving companion all of these years, and making my life better for it. Mom loves you bunches and bunches!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Myndi