Thread: Rainbow Bridge painting

Rainbow Bridge painting

Not long after Chessie passed away back in August 2010, I went through a mid-life crisis, needing a big change from where my job was leading me. Not wanting to get stuck in another dead end job, I tried figuring out what to do. So, one night while doing dishes, I was watching Bob Ross on TV. I'd watched him since I was a kid and had thought from time to time of taking up painting and selling my work as a possible career. That's when it hit me, and I began work on starting a new career doing paintings.

Since I started painting in early 2011 (http://chatanuga.org/KLWArt.html), I'd been wanting to do a painting of the Rainbow Bridge, although I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted it to look. That summer, I'd taken some pictures of a covered bridge near where my dad grew up (http://chatanuga.org/pics/misc/parker02.jpg) and decided that it and the setting was the look I was wanting for my version of the Rainbow Bridge.

So, this past Sunday afternoon, I finally did my version of the Rainbow Bridge, dedicating it to Chessie and all of the cats and dogs who have graced my life.

Aww, looks like a lovely meadow scene. Nice job on the sky, too ...
    I've Been Frosted

WOW! That is really pretty and you did a great job!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What a nice talent you have! I can paint absolutely nothing ( although I used to watch Bob Ross), so I am really impressed by what you'e done!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Beautiful! I can picture my Katz walking these meadows...

That is lovely. Well, done.

That is really lovely! I can picture my recently departed Fister being there, if there was a few smaller bushes he could hide in - but he would surely be chewing the grass.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

And I can see My Found Hotel Cat Angels and My Porch Angels there sharing their lunches with all of their Angel Companions, sharing too their visits
    to the Supermarkets , Delis and PetsMart!!!
    That would be a great picnic
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lovely! A river for drinking, and for the fishes, meadows for romping and small mammals, woods, the covered bridge leading over, and it has a misty, ethereal quality to it. Very nice!