Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday of the 'Stinking Rose' #516

Thursday of the 'Stinking Rose' #516

I guess it's time to rock some recipes with some Stinking Rose in it.......

How's about some spus-getti with some garlicky clam sauce and bread for starters?

and a cup of tea?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh no!!!! I accused you of sleeping on the job and opened the bar with #516. I deleted it tho...............

None of the above for me thanks. I got stuck on the idea of oatmeal from last week, so I made an applesauce oatmeal bread. Everyone help themselves - it's still warm from the oven. And since it's almost lunch time here in the East, there's a big bowl of chicken salad made fresh this a.m. too.

Calling for snow here later today and tonight, but I'll bet we don't get any. Depending on who you listen to - anywhere between nothing and 6". It doesn't look or feel like snow, so I'm saying nothing will probably be the amount we get.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yesterday I had a wonderful garlicky lunch! Steamed mussels in a white wine cream sauce and some fantastic garlic bread with TONS of fresh garlic to dip in the sauce! YUM! The only thing missing was a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc - but, alas, it was a work lunch!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Hee hee - a garlicky work lunch is only a good thing if everyone in the office partakes! But for those who missed the end of last week's Thursdays, garlic is now Karen-safe for consumption in the real world! Quite exciting - I can have salsa again, and even Goldfish crackers - bet you didn't know they have garlic in them!
    I've Been Frosted

Yumm....garlic! I like to roast a whole head, then smear it on Italian bread or whatever.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Yumm....garlic! I like to roast a whole head, then smear it on Italian bread or whatever.
    With a drizzle a little olive oil and sea salt.......

I'll boil of pot of water and take drink orders for later on.

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Garlic?

How about come chicken cacciatore to go with all this? STep one: saute minced garlic in olive oil, so it counts, right?

By they way, someone's not spoiled, just well loved. I was just having an oatmeal cookie, and Lady, who's in the loveseat next to me, just looked over with her big eyes and weaseled a piece of cookie from me without ever getting up.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Since I'm having one of those days where if it touch it it will break, crash, fall apart - you get the idea. I'm just going to sit quietly here by the fire and hand more cookies to Lovely Lady. I'd have a cup of tea if it's not too much trouble, but maybe put it in something I can't break.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I like the taste of garlic - just not the aftertaste that stays with you forever.

Okay - here's a "random thought" - if garlic is bad for dogs, then why is it an ingredient in many brands of canned dog food?

Good girl Lady - play it for all you can. Tell Dad that peanutbutter cookies are good for you too!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

QOP< Lady would gladly share a couch spot with you and schmooze cookies and scritch some ears, and I have just the mug for your tea.....a wide- bottomed plastic spill-resistance insulated mug! (Don't feel bad, I have those days too, I think we all do.)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Okay - here's a "random thought" - if garlic is bad for dogs, then why is it an ingredient in many brands of canned dog food?
    It's onions, not garlic, that's bad for dogs, and that only in large quantities. The two are related, but not the same thing.

The garlic is actually in there, like other substances, to make it smell better to the humans who buy the stuff. But garlic in small quantities is fine for dogs, and even has some beneficial effects.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It's onions, not garlic, that's bad for dogs, and that only in large quantities. The two are related, but not the same thing.

The garlic is actually in there, like other substances, to make it smell better to the humans who buy the stuff. But garlic in small quantities is fine for dogs, and even has some beneficial effects.
    I was being facetious! And yes, garlic as well as onions, can be toxic to dogs in large doses. I used to put garlic powder in my dog's food when I had my Lhasas - a natural flea deterrent and a lot less expensive than commercial flea products.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Well, we won't have to worry about vampires for a whole week?

What about Orc? Are we going to see him? I heard a loud THUD coming from the L+F....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What about Orc? Are we going to see him? I heard a loud THUD coming from the L+F....
    Hokay, Let me tie a rope around my waist and head on in.......If I am not out in one hour?