Thread: I'm ticked, but thought about the problem...

I'm ticked, but thought about the problem...

And had a great laugh about it later on....

Again, it's about people and their cell phones.

In the last week or so I have noticed people who just cannot release the hold on their cell phones.

------------

I was waiting in line and a woman at the counter began to look for change in her purse...

(First of all, GET YOUR FRICKING MONEY READY BEFORE YOU GET TO THE CASHIER/TELLER.)

......struggle with switching hands because she would not let go of her phone - even tho the counter was right in front of her.

Another woman almost ran into me with her shopping basket when she couldn't make the turn at the end of the aisle.
    She looked at me like I had tried to push her out of the way...She couldn't control her basket because of the phone in her hand.

And another woman, in front of me at the drug store, had to go digging into her jeans for money because - she didn't have her money ready and didn't want to put her phone on the counter.

She did have her keys and cell phone in hand but had to dig thru most of her pockets to find her money.....

------------

It's amazing how people are ready for a phone call, but can't do simple things because they are ready for a phone call!

Unfortunately, the hardware store was told (by the owner) to remove their sign. I thought it was appropriate:

We'll be glad to help you as soon as you hang up your phone.

Someone had to have complained, as the sign had been up for quite some time.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hardly ever use my cell, and only have it with me in case of emergency. It's gets carried in my purse, and if by chance it should ring, the party is usually gone by the time I fish it out and take it out of it's case.

Many stores around here have signs stating that they will give no service if you are on your cell phone, and a lot of doctors and professional offices do not allow cell phone usage in their place of business - as it should be as far as I'm concerned!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

AHahahaaa, oh Richard, I could have written this thread, but you did good job! Irks me NO END! Especially as I don't have one.

Once you leave that store, you better be careful in the parking lot because they are driving and on their cell hones and don't even see you!

I really just DON'T get it? Why do they have to talk to someone ALL DAY LONG? You call them and they talk up a storm, you drop by to visit and they are on the phone with someone else the whole time you are there..

Hay, the world managed just FINE without cell phones! Half the time I leave the house and forget to take mine with me and if I do, I put it in my purse and 3 days later I remember my phone is in my purse still..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have a brother whose hand is attached to his smart phone. I have a prepaid TracFone. If you want to reach me, call my home phone. Sometimes I text a long distance friend (only because she's not online) but some days I don't check my phone because I forget. When I'm shopping or driving, I don't want to talk to you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I carry a TracFone around with me for backup and emergencies. I don't give the number out for people to call me on or check it for messages. My home phone is where people need to call me if they actually want to get in touch with me.

I also use the TracFone to make long-distance calls. My home phone has unlimited local calling but doesn't do long distance, and the long-distance company adds a whole new layer of "fees" and such if I ever make a call with them (which I stopped doing after I got the TracFone). It's one of those do-gooder companies that supposedly supports all kinds of good causes with their revenue.

Recently I accidentally made a call on it, and I got a bill for more than $3.00, of which the charge for the actual phone call was about 20 cents. I called to complain about that bill, and they not only dismissed the fees, they dismissed the whole bill.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Richard, I know exactly what you mean - it's just unbelievable how people can't LIVE without those phones. Granted, I've had one for many years, but you know what? It has an off switch!! I also just went to Tracfone which will save me $70/month. It seemed more than stupid that my husband and I paid that for service we rarely used. Our plan was for 550 shared minutes a month (the lowest allowable by Verizon) and we generally used 60.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I don't have any problem with people taking a phone call - I get the giggles when I am in the doc's waiting room and I hear a rap song - complete with a Mudder Effer in the lyrics - go off.

People do not realize just how stupid some of the ring tones sound. (I actually laugh harder when I hear a actually ring like an old fashioned ring-a-ding.)

-----------------

Sometimes the only time I remember I do own a phone is when it starts to beep to tell me that it's about to die...

For Christmas Dinner my BF daughter and her friend were texting on their phone constantly.
    I dont think their phones ever left their hand even to eat.
    I rarely use my phone, but since I am a bit hard of hearing (I tend to talk louder)
    If I do call or receive a call everyone around me knows my business.

----<---<--<{(@

when I worked in retail if someone came up to my register while they were talking on the phone, I'd stand there and stare at them. then I would say I'll wait till you're finished with your phone call. that usually did the trick but the line waiting behind her would be very annoyed. it always worked like a charm.

I'm always attached to my phone, but I don't use it when I'm about to pay for an item or anything of that like. I can put it down, even though we're best buddies , I just find that incredibly rude. You can be attached to your phone, but it's not going to kill you to put it down for 5 minutes. And the fact that their money wasn't ready is stupid. Um hello, you should've had your money ready to pay for your items, you knew you were going to buy something
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I hardly ever use my cell, and only have it with me in case of emergency. It's gets carried in my purse, and if by chance it should ring, the party is usually gone by the time I fish it out and take it out of it's case.

Many stores around here have signs stating that they will give no service if you are on your cell phone, and a lot of doctors and professional offices do not allow cell phone usage in their place of business - as it should be as far as I'm concerned!
    I also do not use my cell phone very much at all. In fact when I'm home it's in my purse and turned off. I use it when I'm out for emergencies only which hasn't yet occurred, thank goodness. If I'm meeting someone, I'll use the cell to tell them I'm on my way etc. I have a prepaid phone and sometimes 60 minutes will last me a whole year.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."