Thread: My Dumbo Rats

My Dumbo Rats

YLL, Feel free to add a few pics of your cutie pies also!!!

Dumbo rats have ears that are rounder in shape and placed differently on the head. This is not the only difference between a dumbo and a standard rat. Dumbos also have a differently shaped skull also with a broader fore head.

Here is a pic of Roxy and Baby. Roxy is a black lightening blazed bershire husky and Roxy is a blue American Berkshire. Both are rex, they have curly hair.

That is a pic of Cleo, a dumbo black eyed white patched rat.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

This is such a cute picture!!!!! I just want to reach out and nuzzle her.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Spot, Cleos brother. A black bareback dumbo husky with headspot. Rats with white markins such as blazes and headspots are referred to as huskies. Huskies coloring also fades as they get older, this is referred to as roaning. Breeding to huskies together is risky as the babies can develope megacolon, a deadly disease if not treated immediately with surgery. The white spotting gene also causes eye color to change, resulting in odd eye rats....rats with two different color eyes.

Agouti irish dumbo doe, tailess carrier.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Another pic of sweet Cleo.

My silver black blazed dumbo husky boy!! Isn't he cute, just gotta love his ears!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cocoa, a cinnamon berkshire dumbo.

Roxys eyes, one ruby and one pink, very good contrast. She's not dumbo but this is a chance for others to see another way in which the husky gene works.

Another pic of Roxy! She is my favorite rat of all time. She is a silverfawn split capp stripe husky odd eye. Say that ten times fast, lol!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

YLL! You should post pics of your new boys in here!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Just bumping this up as someone showed interest in them.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I've been meaning to post some pictures on here of my cutie pies, but for some reason the pictures won't show up, my mom said she'd help me tonight. They are in my siggy tho.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Dumbo rats are So cute. i want to get one but there are no breeders in my area that I know of

I used to have a rat. They are the best.They give you kisses just like a dog.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

They are absolutely darling. I sure had no idea that there were so many different types of rats. You sure do know your stuff!

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Thanks! I have about every variety imaginable. I am getting a shipment of DownUnder rats from Austraila in a few days and I will be one of the first (along with a friend of mine) to have tis type in all the US!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major