Thread: Oracle has released the Java fix

Oracle has released the Java fix

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good luck

I do have some Java files on my computer but don't have a CLUE as to what version etc. and which application to apply them (it) to.... I know read the instructions. Fat chance. Oh well. Maybe someone will come up with a program that checks your computer, lets you know what you need, and then you click on that result information. Then I may just fix any holes.

SAS - go to www.java.com and click on "Do I Have Java?" It will check your computer and if you need a download will take you to that link.

Windows Updates are essential. If you have Microsoft Office, add Microsoft Update. Open Windows Update from Programs in your Start Menu or from your control panel (this applies to Windows XP; Vista and 7 have a little 'get updates for other products' or similar in the main Windows Update window when it opens. That allows you to add the Office updates). You'll see a 'Get Microsoft Update now' type of message - just do what it says (and no one gets hurt! )
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

thank you

Thank you for that information. Will do.

After a warning yesterday I uninstalled Java on my laptop and disabled it in my browser. So far any adverse effects of this action hasn't occurred and so I think I will wait for if/when there is to reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    SAS - go to www.java.com and click on "Do I Have Java?" It will check your computer and if you need a download will take you to that link.
    I did that and while it was checking, I get a message top left: Java has been deactivated for your protection. GREAT!

Thank you, Candace!