Thread: "Pomsky" Puppies for Sale

"Pomsky" Puppies for Sale

Obviously I'm not selling these puppies, but came across this ad on Craigslist.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pas/3527068800.html

He claims this will be a very difficult breeding so the price will reflect that... aka I want to make big $$$$$ off of a MIXED BREED.

I'm sure potential owners can find plenty of "Pomsky puppies" in the shelter with all of the other MIXED BREEDS.

All I can do is keep flagging it as "prohibited" in hopes it gets taken down as the sale of animals is not allowed on craigslist.

facebook

I flagged it - everyone here should, and it'll get taken down.
    I've Been Frosted

I flagged it.

I went to flag it and it is being taken down; HOORAY!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Yay! The power of Pet Talkers at work!
    I've Been Frosted

Woohoo!!! I even searched craigslist as a whole for "pomsky" and the only result I got was a response to the ad (in another category) shaming the OP for breeding designer dogs.

Go PT!!!

Sadly... the breeding will still probably take place, but hopefully the reaction to his ad will make him think twice...

facebook

I am seeing more and more stuff like this on CL all the time. People think that other people will pay big bucks for a mutt just because they gave it a cute-sy name. I'm all for finding homes for dogs, but this "designer breed" fad is waaaay overrrated. I see folks saying they are registered a lot lately, too. Does CKC register mixed breeds, or are they referring to the parents?

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I am seeing more and more stuff like this on CL all the time. People think that other people will pay big bucks for a mutt just because they gave it a cute-sy name. I'm all for finding homes for dogs, but this "designer breed" fad is waaaay overrrated. I see folks saying they are registered a lot lately, too. Does CKC register mixed breeds, or are they referring to the parents?
    "Legitimate" breed organizations, such as AKC and CKC (CANADIAN, NOT Continental) are legitimate registries and do not allow registrations of mixed breeds, even if parents were full-blood and papered.

There are "non-legitimate" breed organizations such as CKC (Continental Kennel Club) that DOES allow registering of mixed breeds... it's just another way for people to make money off mutts... and another way for the people who paid for designer breeds to feel special about their mutt...

facebook