Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of cat is this?

Ed had to go to the vet for his shots, so I thought I'd go for broke.....

Ed DOESN'T like his belly touched, A few scritches and he'll give you a nip to let you know that that area is off limits!

I took him to PetCo once and the groomer told me that he couldn't finish the job because Ed would not let him touch his belly....

He offered to finish the job - at no cost - if I brought him back at a later date.....I thought about it and said, "No thanks, you have suffered enough already..."

The NEXT time I took him in to get trimmed, I walked into the same place, put the carrier on the counter and told the guy what I wanted.

The poor dude looked into the carrier and said, "OH, I remember this cat, he freaked out when I tried to shave his belly...."

-------------

As a parent, this crushed my spirit. My kid is supposed to be well behaved in public!

I told him to do the best he could and left it at that. I walked out crushed, but still believing my kid is better than YOURS....

--------

I vowed never to be embarrassed again so I bought a pair of clippers (thanks Shai's Mom) and tried to do it myself.

(Can you say stupid?)

Ed coat came in from the last attempt at trimming and was getting matted, so I decided to take him in and get him vaccinated and while they were at it, get a physical and trim.

He was a little ticked off the day he came home - I think the anesthetic rattled him because the gal said he was coming out of it and she didn't get the chance to brush him out.............can you say 'combative'?

-----------

So, I just thought he should get a little 'spa' time......

His check up was perfect and other than a little consternation?

He's doing well.

He sends regards to all concerned and reminds everyone that his hair will grow out.

------------

Uggs?

Patch sends his sympathies. I don't even want to THINK about trying to do that to him.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post
    zippy-kat that uggs boot comment had me LOL

HE DOES NOT LOOK AMUSED

I can't blame him for not looking amused - I loathe Ugg boots, too.
    (Last year, I saw a lady in the mall wearing white hairy ones -all over hairy, not just the tops- I'm not sure what look she was trying to rock but it came across as "clydesdale.")

Poor, Ed. I will post pics of Gus when I'm able to get him taken care of. Misery loves company, right?

It's an embarrassed cat who is gonna get you first chance he gets.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor naked Ed. Sky also had to have a kennel cut which is shorter than a lion cut last year because his belly was also very matted. He had been to the groomers several times before and he had become so aggressive and nasty towards them that he now has to take a sedative before he goes there. So far his coat hasn't even grown out yet and he hasn't matted so maybe he won't need to go back again. My RB Storm would also mat as he became older. He just didn't want to groom himself any more. I hope that you'll keep the heat up so that Ed won't get too cold this winter.