Okay - so she's a senior senior and will be 17 in less than 2 weeks, and her potty manners seem to have flown out the window. I attribute some of it to the fact that she can be a wee bit senile at times, but in general, she's sharp as a tack and is "with it" the majority of the time. But now she has decided she no longer needs to tell me when she has to go out. I try to combat this by taking her out very frequently during the day and she generally gets the message and goes. At night and when I have to be away from the house for a bit, I put a diaper on her, since after several "accidents" on the bed at night , I had to resort to drastic measures! Sometimes the diaper is wet in the morning - other times not - but I prefer not to take any more chances by leaving it off.

Anyway, now it has gotten to the point - especially on her first outing of the day - that she will pee when I take her out, but then comes in the house and within 5 minutes or so - will poop on the floor. It has become more frequent over the past month or so. This morning I had her outside twice - once when we first got up and then again after her breakfast - for at least 15-20 minutes each time, and sure enough, while I was puttering around the kitchen after her 2nd trip outside - she pooped on the floor! If I scold her she goes into her major attitude mode, and goes on a hunger strike for a day or so, and I can't afford to have that happening since she already has lost a little weight (age and activity related).

So what do I do??? - just grin and bear it and chalk it up to her age? I really can't think of anything else to do under the circumstances.

Any suggestions???