Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I impolite 'cause my status updates on Facebook are in English? :-(

Not rude at all--- matter of fact I would love to see posts in other languages with the translation, we can learn a lot with that.
    But like others mentioned-- it is your choice and I think it was rude of your cousin to make that comment. She can always use the translate link if she wants.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Well, yes, but there are still those who seem to be offended that I'm not using my native language. A while ago, a guy pm'ed me and he was like "Okay, I do speak English, but I find it annoying that you don't write in German".

On the other hand, people are so easily offended these days, about all kind of things! I see it a lot on Facebook when there are discussions on ethical subjects; there are so many people out there who react extremely aggressive towards those who care. It is scary to see what's going on in so many peoples' minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Well, yes, but there are still those who seem to be offended that I'm not using my native language. A while ago, a guy pm'ed me and he was like "Okay, I do speak English, but I find it annoying that you don't write in German".

On the other hand, people are so easily offended these days, about all kind of things! I see it a lot on Facebook when there are discussions on ethical subjects; there are so many people out there who react extremely aggressive towards those who care. It is scary to see what's going on in so many peoples' minds.
    Y porque no escribes en espanol, por nosotros que hablamos en ese idioma?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Y porque no escribes en espanol, por nosotros que hablamos en ese idioma?
    And why not write in Spanish for those who speak this language? (or something like that? lol)

Ah, Kirtsen tell that cousin, "Mon chére cousine, because of the Internet and other cultural phenomenon, English has become 'the Lingua Franca'" and see what he says!
    I've Been Frosted

I've got several friends who will update in a language other than English. It really doesn't bother me. If I'm THAT curious as to what they're saying, there's the little translate option underneath.

If the people on your facebook understand English and German, I don't see why it would be a problem? And even if they don't...I doubt their day is going to be ruined because they didn't understand every single status update ever.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing