Thread: cataract surgery

cataract surgery

I had my cataract surgery this morning. It went great, easier than I thought it would be, but I'll stiill be sensitive to light for a couple of days. I'll be going to my eye doctor's tomorrow for a followup appt. It's nice to see again!!

Welcome back to the land of color, too! After my big brother had his first cataract surgery many years ago, he called me to say, "Hey Karen, did you know grass is actually GREEN?"
    I've Been Frosted

I'm happy to hear the surgery went well for you, David. I had it done on both eyes (a few weeks apart) a few years ago and couldn't believe what I wasn't seeing! The prep for the surgery took longer than the actual proceedure and people don't believe I never felt a thing. The doctor was laughing during the second surgery because, he said, I was dozing off. My prayers for your complete and successful recovery.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Good to hear all went well David!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That's great news, David. Happy seeing!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I saw the eye doctor and he checked the new lens and everything was in perfect order. Would you believe, with my new lens my vision is now 20/25!! YAHOO! I'm busy looking at alot of things now that were blurry before. WOW!

I was amazed at the differance when I had my cataracts removed.. The colors really were vivid and bright! WOW!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    I was amazed at the differance when I had my cataracts removed.. The colors really were vivid and bright! WOW!!
    Oh Laura! The difference is like night and day (literally!) The eye doc said I might not need my regular glasses any more and I'll just need to get a pair of readers! I LOVE seeing again!

I know quite a few people who have had this done. I'm glad it's working out well!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So glad that you are pleased with the results, David. I had both eyes done several years ago, just 3 weeks apart, and the results amazed me. It was without a doubt, the quickest, easiest, absolutely pain free surgery that I ever had. It was wonderful to see true and vibrant colors again, and everything was so clear and sharp. And no more glasses, other than just for reading, was the icing on the cake!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Awesome news to read bro,glad all went so well and you made such a good recovery,take care hugs
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Awesome news to read bro,glad all went so well and you made such a good recovery,take care hugs
    Sis, it's great not to see blurry anymore. I still have to take some precautions, like not touching or rubbing my left eye and put in eyedrops in until I see the eye doctor this thursday. After that, hopefully I have a clean bill of health!

Cataract surgery

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    I had my cataract surgery this morning. It went great, easier than I thought it would be, but I'll stiill be sensitive to light for a couple of days. I'll be going to my eye doctor's tomorrow for a followup appt. It's nice to see again!!
    Hi i had a cataract surgery last week. Now im in the recovering state and i can say that im slowly getting back my clear vision.

Quote Originally Posted by tracy1x View Post
    Hi i had a cataract surgery last week. Now im in the recovering state and i can say that im slowly getting back my clear vision.
    Congratulations! I had to watch myself for the first week i.e. no heavy lifting, not touching my left eye for a week, but it was worth it, I'm 20/20 with my glasses and 20/25 without them. Tracy, I hope you have the same results or better! BTW, where do you live? I live 40 miles north of Pittsburgh.

I think Cataract surgery is amazing! My sister and I took my 81 year old Aunt to the hospital to have cataract surgery on one of her eyes,
    (she is having the other eye done in Feb.) After they released her 2 hours later, she took my sister and I out to lunch!
    She said it was a breeze and now she is not nervous to have the other eye done.

----<---<--<{(@