Thread: Thanks to his guide cat, blind dog can go for walks again

Thanks to his guide cat, blind dog can go for walks again

Click the link for video.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-...174137612.html

[QUOTE]It's the first inter-species story of 2013. And not unlike the odd couple tales that came before it, it's pretty adorable. After going blind from cataracts, 8-year-old dog Terfel struggled to get around on his own. He spent most of his time lazing around in his basket in his owner's North Wales, UK home.
    Then his owner, Judy Godfrey-Brown, welcomed a stray cat into her home.

The cat, dubbed Pwditat, walked up to the blind dog and led him into the garden. Ever since, the cat has been Terfel's trusty guide, leading him everywhere./QUOTE]

"I’ve never seen anything like it — most cats and dogs hate each other," Godfrey-Brown told the Sun. "But Pwditat immediately seemed to know that Terfel is blind. She uses her paws to help guide him. They are glued to each other and even sleep together now."
    This summer, we saw a cute kitten cuddling with a canine friend.

Cats and dogs might not always get along, but when they do, it's pretty heartwarming.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, how sweet.

What a wonderful story! Thank you, Candace.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That is so touching and its an inspirational to see how well Our Animal Companions can get along.
    This is how I imagine how it will be when we go to the Rainbow Bridge together all our the many Animals bonding and sharing!!!

That will be wonderful
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The first blind cat I adopted (Ptolemy) came with his sighted brother (Newton). Well it turns out that Newton acted as a "seeing eye cat" for Ptolemy as he learned his way around the house. Since that point I have adopted other blind cats and Newton performs the same role for them while they adjust to the house.

I guess we will never know what they are thinking, but I find it fascinating.