Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursdays #514 - first Thursday of 2013!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    A BIG mug of hot chocolate for you MOF - to chase away the gloomies. It's chilly here, but not too cold. I'm still waiting for at least one good snowstorm, then we can move on to Spring. I'd love to skip Summer tho, and move right on to Fall - I just don't thrive on hot and humid!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pom, I'm with you - a nice spring and straight into fall! We don't get that much humidity here, but it can get scorching and the bass-booming "four-wheeled stereos" start breeding on the streets!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am having a nice hot cup of lemony tea right now, the kettle has plenty more hot water if anyone else wants some!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    the bass-booming "four-wheeled stereos" start breeding on the streets!
    Too funny - but not when you have to listen to them - right?
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I've been suckered into watching the Bengals game with my 16 yr old grandson, who is a huge fan.. At least he's smart enough not to follow the Eagles - what a pitiful season that was. I wish Andy luck with his new position with the Chief's tho. Now - I wonder what the team owner will do with Sick VicK???

I'm still on my hot chocolate kick, if anyone would care to join me.

Happy weekend, everyone.
    One Hot Choco.......I hate blowouts. Give me at least one good game this weekend!

One hot choco......DONE.

MOFF,

I came from the 'Land of No Seasons', Can I at least have two more weeks of winter - It is globally warming!

DONE?

C1,

Mom used to say, "Quick, go stop the Ice Cream Man! I want an ice cream", Whenever those cars would drive by.....

Karen,

I add a small spoon of lemonade mix to my tea. Just a small one!

DONE?

I'm tired of being sick!!!

Could I please have something to blast out my sinuses before the Raven's game? I'm sorry to complain, it's not usually my thing, but enough is enough!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Pom, I'm with you - a nice spring and straight into fall! We don't get that much humidity here, but it can get scorching and the bass-booming "four-wheeled stereos" start breeding on the streets!
    Mercy you have those in Canada too???? I'm always calling the police on them here. The police tell me there is no noise ordinance until 11 at night. I tell them when the stereos are so loud they rattle my windows and I can't hear my tv, they are disturbing my peace and to do something. They always come make them turn them down (for a bit anyway). Most of the time, the goons don't even live in this neighborhood. Probably got chased out of their own.

I'd love some hot vanilla tea this morning.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Mercy you have those in Canada too???? I'm always calling the police on them here. The police tell me there is no noise ordinance until 11 at night. I tell them when the stereos are so loud they rattle my windows and I can't hear my tv, they are disturbing my peace and to do something. They always come make them turn them down (for a bit anyway). Most of the time, the goons don't even live in this neighborhood. Probably got chased out of their own.

I'd love some hot vanilla tea this morning.
    The US Army was working on a sound-triggered mine. It was dormant until the sound signature of a Soviet tank came within its field of fire, and it then detonated.

I've always wanted to see if one could be programmed for thumping idiots driving stereos.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I made some cookies that turned out pretty well for church today, applesauce cookies which were soft and lovely (made with LH's applesauce) and nice crunchy fig/cardamom shortbreads, anybody want to share?

(I didn't realize until I went to bake that the eggs in my fridge were well past their date and tilted in a bowl of water when tested, so I looked until I found a recipe that needed no eggs, and found the applesauce one, and doubled it!)

They go nicely with hot tea, or whatever you might be drinking!
    I've Been Frosted

Those do sound good, too bad I had to settle for Pepperidge Farm packaged cookies (which are still quite good) which I enjoyed with my egg nog. One final little celebration of the Christmas season, as today is Epiphany. After tonight I turn off the Christmas lights and start the slow process of taking down all the Christmas things, which takes forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I'm tired of being sick!!!

Could I please have something to blast out my sinuses before the Raven's game? I'm sorry to complain, it's not usually my thing, but enough is enough!
    I think a win should do it?

DONE!

MOFF,

A little late but a hot cup of vanilla?

DONE!

LH,
    The problem was at my mom's old house, the city put in a stoplight- that kept them there until the light cycled thru.

Karen
    A cookie would be nice. No messing around with eggs.

I got caught in the Great Salmonella Breakout of 2010. Not a good thing.

I'll pour you a tea in exchange for an apple cookie.

SA.

Glad to see there are still some people with that "Olde Tyme Religion". When we were kids we enjoyed those few extra days of Christmas.

Be safe on that ladder!