Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My head is spinning....

Old thread but I do like a nice 5-10 gallon filtered tank with warm water and some acidity for healthy bettas. They'll live for years in terrible conditions though just like outside dogs living off their own poo and rocks and twigs. Just thought I'd warn you that bamboo is not fully aquatic so when it starts to die off you need to get it out of the tank before it rots in the water and makes the water toxic.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Old thread but I do like a nice 5-10 gallon filtered tank with warm water and some acidity for healthy bettas. They'll live for years in terrible conditions though just like outside dogs living off their own poo and rocks and twigs. Just thought I'd warn you that bamboo is not fully aquatic so when it starts to die off you need to get it out of the tank before it rots in the water and makes the water toxic.
    Thank you for the info.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

My bettas are perfectly healthy and happy the way I keep them. I'm sure Neptune will do fine the way you're keeping him Andie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla