Thread: Thought I'd post a few pictures of my favorite little turtle...

Thought I'd post a few pictures of my favorite little turtle...

I wish he was mine, I do not have the time (thank you college and parents saying no) nor monetary resources to own a turtle but when I do...I will! I got a job about 3 months ago at the local nature center five minutes from my house and obviously I absolutely love it. It's in my field and it's extremely close, I get a lot of hours and I work with great people. We have quite the reptile collection due to...well being an educational center! We teach school groups and kids about regional wildlife and bring them around to do programs. Aside from getting nipped by a painted turtle who probably thinks he's a snapper, I've never had any problems with any of the animals. I've never feared reptiles before in my life so I knew this job would be perfect. I like the snakes of course, but the Eastern Box turtle has stolen my heart I absolutely love him.

He's a male, we don't name them, so he doesn't have a name but I am tempted to! The kids usually LOVE him, and he LOVES getting blueberries after a hard days work The snake is a corn snake we have. She's a lively one! I guess for now, I can't have any reptiles, but these guys can certainly count. We have King Snakes, Wood Turtles, Spotted Turtles, Painted Turtles, one small snapper (he isn't used in programs!), and a few other snakes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	945043_10151722150841756_595705167_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	56483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	936901_10151665771676756_1128754665_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	56484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	971941_10151700057951756_1479382965_n.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	56485

Aww, I'd certainly give him a name!
    I've Been Frosted

He cute! Why don't they name males,(or do you mean no names for any of the reptiles) just curious???
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We don't name any of the reptiles. I was never really told why, I guess they just never have. They aren't pets and I guess we don't want people to get the idea that they are? But to be honest, I have no clue! It's not that we aren't allowed to, but we just simple don't. I want to give this little Box Turtle a nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    We don't name any of the reptiles. I was never really told why, I guess they just never have. They aren't pets and I guess we don't want people to get the idea that they are? But to be honest, I have no clue! It's not that we aren't allowed to, but we just simple don't. I want to give this little Box Turtle a nickname.
    How about nickname him Burl! It's a fancy woodgrain pattern highly prized ... and boxes made out of it are beautiful like he is!
    I've Been Frosted