Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Cinder and Smokey!

Happy Birthday, Cinder and Smokey!

Happy Birthday, Prayer Pups! I'm one of the people who tried to wish Phred a happy birthday on January 1. He explained to me that it isn't his birthday but the day he chose for the Prayer Pups and one that is easy to remember. So -- Happy Birthday, dear Cinder and Smokey! I hope your people will give you a big hug from me today (((HUG)))

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthre...ferrerid=14351

Love,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I did that ONCE, as well, lol. Happy Birthday, Prayer Pups! Cinder and Smoke, we love ya!

Happy Birthday Pups!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Happy Birthday Cinder and Smoke!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy Birthday, Prayer Pups!!

Thank you, Elyse, for starting this thread. Phred's life was his furkids and honoring them is honoring him. I trust that they are well and not giving Diana and Carl too hard a time!!! Here's a former Christmas pic that I had from Phred:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cinder-and-Smoke.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	55739

So innocent looking!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Nancy (Phred's sister)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibette & Lulu View Post
    Thank you, Elyse, for starting this thread. Phred's life was his furkids and honoring them is honoring him. I trust that they are well and not giving Diana and Carl too hard a time!!! Here's a former Christmas pic that I had from Phred:

Name:	Cinder-and-Smoke.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	55739

So innocent looking!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Nancy (Phred's sister)
    And so quiet looking, where anyone who ever attended a Finlday gathering can tell you Cinder especially is rather "chatty!"
    I've Been Frosted

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year - to two wonderful pups.

Hugs to the pups

Awwwwwwwwww. Happy Birthday Cinder and Smokey!

Happy birfday to the prayer pups.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDER & SMOKEY!!! I hope you're both doing well and that you have many more happy and healthy years ahead of you.

I thank everyone who wished the prayer pups a Happy Birthday. They had a great birthday cause we didn't go away New Years Eve and we stayed home all day New Year's Day! They like to get a lot of attention and they love to be around us so any time we are home they are happy. Of course, we gave them some special treats and they were kind enough to share them with the other 4.

Since I don't like to think about age (mine or theirs) I think Cinder turned 13 this year and Smokey 12. All of our dogs are getting older now. And I would like to say it is getting quieter around the house. However, Cinder is starting to lose her hearing and so she barks when she THINKS she heard something. And she must be able to hear the others bark because if anyone else barks she joins in whether she has a clue as to why they are barking or not. Smokey is a howler. When he thinks he is not getting enough attention, he will come up and nudge us and if we don't respond if whatever way he has in mind for us, he starts howling. Sometimes he wants out, sometimes I guess he thinks he needs to be petted or brushed or just paid attention too.

The start of this year has been so much better than last. As you may remember we thought Cinder had a degenerative spine disease as she got to the point that she couldn't walk But several weeks later after starting a very expensive Glucosamine product that is obtained through the vet, she was walking again and now runs (although not all that fast) and hops around when it is time to eat.

They are such sweet dogs. My others get into fights sometimes (yes, Tucker may have been a rather large mistake on my part as he seems to be in the middle of every fight)and Cinder and Smoke move quickly away from the brawl. The two vets we have and all the girls in the office think they are the greatest - they are so quiet and well behaved when they are in there. Well, actually all of mine have them fooled even Tucker and Pippi the two little terrors who act all sweet and nice when they are in there.

They both love Jasmine and Dominic and the kids love them too. They have adjusted well to having the two of them whether they (the kids) are being noisy or quiet. They (the dogs) haven't learned that they shouldn't walk through construction areas and I often hear, "Smokey, you knocked my tower down again," or "Cinder, go find your mommy, go find your mommy and stay in the living room (or kitchen) with her." And we all find ourselves saying, Smokey, don't follow so close you're going to kill us both one of these days when we trip over you!"

We think of Phred often, he did such a great job raising these pups. It is still easy to recall his voice talking to and about them. I guess that means he still hangs around waiting for his kids to come home to him. But we are very glad they are still with us!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

A few pictures of the Prayer Pups

Name:	IMG_5091.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	416.9 KB 
ID:	55798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5087.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	396.8 KB 
ID:	55797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5061.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	55795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5048.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	413.4 KB 
ID:	55794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5064.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	442.0 KB 
ID:	55796

--William Feather

Name:	DSCN2586.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	55802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2587.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	944.6 KB 
ID:	55801Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5073.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	411.2 KB 
ID:	55799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2585.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	55800

--William Feather

Awww, so glad they are doing so well, and I bet they really enjoy having the kids around, too! And yes, I remember the Smokey "I have been abandoned for all eternity" howl .... silly boy! So glad to have you posting!
    I've Been Frosted

More Pictures of Cinder and Smokey

Cinder does not ever have to get in a crate but here she is in Pippi'sClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5230.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	55803

Me and my lap dog taking a nap! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5239.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	373.0 KB 
ID:	55804

--William Feather