Thread: SodaStream?

SodaStream?

Well, we got a sodastream soda make for Christmas. Don't know what we're going to do with it, but I'm open to suggestions?

From their website:

Regular flavors contain no high-fructose corn syrup, and diet flavors are sweetened with SplendaŽ brand sweetener, not aspartame.

Frankly, being that ALL of their products contain artificial sweeteners of some sort, and the one that's common to all of them gives me rather.........explosive and noxious gastrointestinal issues, how is that "better" than most commercially sold soda?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Well, we got a sodastream soda make for Christmas. Don't know what we'
    re going to do with it, but I'm open to suggestions?

From their website:

Regular flavors contain no high-fructose corn syrup, and diet flavors are sweetened with SplendaŽ brand sweetener, not aspartame.

Frankly, being that ALL of their products contain artificial sweeteners of some sort, and the one that's common to all of them gives me rather.........explosive and noxious gastrointestinal issues, how is that "better" than most commercially sold soda?
    It depends, Does it have a high capacity CO2 tank on it?

-------------

RE the gastro issues, does the government know about your ability to create WMDs - Wind of Mass Destruction?

-------------

I was looking into the value of owning one and came across a rather lenghty review about the costs involved. It was funny because the guy have figured out the prices down to the .001.

----------

I'd keep it for a party or the summer when the kids are running around and losing their fluids?

Careful, now you're going to have the BATFE coming to my house looking for unregistered destructive devices.

The first time I had sucralose it left me unable to digest anything without REALLY noxious ......wind.... for about 3 days until my system cleared out. It was REALLY unpleasant for all parties involved, though it did let the mob team brush up on our chemical warfare response time.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Does Soda Stream have an recipe book for "make your own"? Or is it a cartridge-based system?
    I've Been Frosted

They have various syrups available to mix into the carbonated water.

I was wondering how they managed to make the 1L syrup packs so small, as with normal syrup it's a 5 to 1 mix, which would make the syrup packs about 1/2 cup, and the syrup containers are barely a couple of tablespoons.

The answer? A nasty mix of artificial sweeteners and preservatives.

Those actually look pretty cool, but I have to think, what if the products goes off market? Where can you get the soda syrup for it then?

The SS - the maker not the German bad guys - has a cartridge to it.

The cartridge is about 70 dollars to buy, you can recycle the old one and replace it for about 13 dollars at different stores.

----------

They are sold in different bundles, some with extra flavors, bottles and an extra CO2 cartridge to them.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I've read some reviews on it, and a lot of people say that it isn't all that easy to find the cartridges. I wouldn't know, since I don't have one. And it seems to me, that unless you're addicted to sodas, that it isn't all that economical, as the ads claim. It sure wouldn't pay for itself in this house - I buy one 8 pack of Pepsi per month, and that lasts me all month! We're juice and Crystal Light drinkers here!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We drink way too much soda not sure why we never did when we were raising our kids, I was looking at those they look interesting, that was a pretty generous gift they aren't cheap.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

With the exception of the coffee maker, I don't like to do/buy/use things that make it easier to eat/live/drink less healthier than I do already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    With the exception of the coffee maker, I don't like to do/buy/use things that make it easier to eat/live/drink less healthier than I do already.
    Hey isn't coffee kind of good for you? My daughter got me a coffee press for christmas I am loving that thing.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Hey isn't coffee kind of good for you? My daughter got me a coffee press for christmas I am loving that thing.
    Well, there has been a small amount of research that says there are some benefits, but, I like to keep it real- with others AND myself. Coffee probably isn't bettering my life. Others lives, by me drinking it, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Well, there has been a small amount of research that says there are some benefits, but, I like to keep it real- with others AND myself. Coffee probably isn't bettering my life. Others lives, by me drinking it, perhaps.
    LOL.

I had a major trained to make coffee in the mob HQs before I came in in the morning. That action saved many, many blistered eardrums when I was handling the morning messes.

My fiance and I are HUGE fizzy water drinkers, so I got us a SodaStream for Christmas and we LOVE it. Neither of us drink soda, so we'll never buy the syrup, I'm not sure if our sampler pack that came with it will ever be used.

But yes, best invention ever. Now when I'm craving a soda water (which is, uh, all the time) we can just make it at home from our regular ol' tap water!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08