Thread: shiloh shepherds anyone?

shiloh shepherds anyone?

I've been doing research on the breed but am not finding all the answers I'm looking for. My dad is really considering getting one. We even have a breeder in mind. Since I'm living at home right now, and going to be helping him out with the pups training, etc. I'm also hoping he will make a great playmate for Clover. I have seen one of these dogs at the park where I take Clover. He told me about the breeder. I haven't seen him since to ask him anything. Anyway, his dog is beautiful. I hadn't really heard of them before.

I'd like to know more about their prey drive, if it's high or not. I've heard many stories some breeds, like huskies, who kill cats. I have a cat, so I'd like him to be safe. I'd also like to know he'd be safe off leash and not run off after every moving thing he sees. The man at the park has his off leash, he seems to listen well. He said he's very gentle.

Any info would be helpful. I e-mail the breeder but I haven't heard back from them

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

You can get info re the Shiloh from this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Littlest_Hobo (The Shiloh is apparently the offspring of London, the dog in that series, see the paragraph "963-65 series")

I would of course encourage your dad to check rescue sites, and even petfinder.com to see if there are any in rescue that need homes!
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah, I've been checking the Humane Society, kijiji, and rescue sites. He really wants a GSD or something similar. We just haven't found anything and we've been looking a while. He considered rescuing an Akbash but it turned out the dog wouldn't fit in our family. She was very dog aggressive and needed a large fenced in area to play since she can't be off leash or she'd run away.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo