Thread: Did you go somewhere for Christmas?

Did you go somewhere for Christmas?

Sat Dec 29
    Did you go somewhere for Christmas? I was somewhere I never thought I'd be on Christmas Day and a few days later. Did anybody miss me?

I spent most part of Christmas Day in ER and then was admitted to hospital for pneumonia. The ER and hospital were practically overflowing with sick people with flu etc. Oh Me, I was sooo sick and nauseous due to the infection. I came home Fri afternoon (Dec 28) on pill antibiotics. I'm not 100% but I am better than I was.

My fiance took good care of the girls who were so glad to see me when I got home. It was so good to have those little bodies squiggly all over me . Hope all of you had a HEALTHY Christmas. ok, that's it for now... gonna get in the recliner for awhile.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Actually I did miss you and noticed that you hadn't been around. I was hoping that everything was okay. Glad to hear that you're home now tho. Get plenty of rest - you don't need a relapse!

I feel your pain - I spent Christmas in the hospital back in 1999 - part of a 2 week "vacation" caused by a bacterial blood infection. It wasn't a fun place to be for the holidays!

Have a peaceful and healthy New Year, Kay!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 12-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank goodness you are home! Many people I know have been sick this Christmas. My choir director's little daughter had whooping cough, and she's only 2 1/2, Paul has been battling a cold so stayed home for Christmas, and that's just two examples! We missed you, but I was hoping you were somewhere way more fun! Take care of yourself and feel better! I am sure being home with the fur nurses will help!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Kay, actually did notice you weren't posting for several days, but put in down to weather problems.
    Other than a head cold, I've been hanging in there. Please take it easy on yourself & get as much
    rest as you can. Pneumonia is nothing to fool with.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick and that you had to stay in the hospital. I'm so glad that you're now home and I hope you make a speedy recovery. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I had walking pneumonia when I was still very young. It was some time in late Nov. or early Dec. and I had to stay home from school for one month. My mom was instructed to keep me as quiet as possible. I remember she bought some Christmas ornament kits so that I could make my own Christmas ornaments. This did help me sit still for a little while. I just had a bad cough but I didn't really feel sick.