Thread: Eye gunk

Eye gunk

Clover has been getting gunk in her eyes in the mornings. It's yellowy in color. Also my cat always tries to clean her face/eyes. He's never done this with my other dogs. Could that cause an infection?

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    Clover has been getting gunk in her eyes in the mornings. It's yellowy in color. Also my cat always tries to clean her face/eyes. He's never done this with my other dogs. Could that cause an infection?
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I noticed this in Ryder. He seems to have it always in the mornings. And when he's very tired, his lower upperlids droops. Mike told me that it's common in Labs? I have to wipe it off because I think it's gross! He's now 10 weeks.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Yeah Clover had it off and on since she was a pup too. It just seems to be more globby lately. I clean them in the morning and she's find til the next morning. She just finished meds for allergies/itching. I think it was called Vanectyl p

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Could be related to the time of year, with the heat on the indoor air is drier. This makes for drier eyes and the gunk appears to be MORE that normal.

If you changed food and/or treats, that could be it too.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Sparky always had it, and being that he was a white dog, it was always more noticeable. I would just clean the corners of his eyes frequently, telling him that eye boogies were not at all attractive on his handsome little mugg! Myndi, on the other hand, never has them. Go figure!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~