Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've got Fister's results

Oh dear. Like my mom's cat, I wonder if there is inflammation in his intestine? I don't KNOW that Shiney has that, but it seems possible since the painkiller is helping him so much.

If it comes to it, I am hoping the vet and my mom will try some prednisone just to see if it helps without the x-ray testing and all.

HUGS and many many prayers for Fister.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

HUGS and many many prayers for Fister.
    Same from us here!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers still on the way from me for you both!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe the xray is the way to go. I know it can be expensive though. We pay around 200.00 here for 2 views. But it could be an obstruction and if it's a hairball putting Fister on fluids will help get it moving through his system- this happened to our cat once- the vet was sure it was a mass because it was the size of a fist and even suggested that Sneakers may not survive the night (she had stopped eating and drinking and was hypothermic- but she was just there overnight on IV fluids that had some antibiotics in them as well for good measure and the mass which turned out to be a hairball started moving again and she was eating on her own the next morning.

The xray might also show if it's IBD or something else. Just thinking with the weekend coming up, it might get more expensive if you have to get him help on a Saturday or Sunday. If they could get him on some fluids that would be good too either by drip or sub-q injection to help him along. Hoping that things turn around for him soon.

Randi, I know you must be tired and worried and heartbroken over Fister. It might feel like you are getting pummeled with advice, but I think you know we want the best for Fister.

In the case of my mom's 13-year-old cat painkillers are doing great things for him. We have no idea WHAT is hurting, but Shiney is eating and getting his former personality back.

You and your vet know best...I just hope there is one more thing to try, painkiller, prednisone, one simple thing that can turn things around for Fister - and for you.

Unfortunately x-rays will not show IBD, you actually have to have a biopsy done (which runs about $1200 around here). But the idea of an x-ray or ultrasound is a good one. It can help rule out alot of different things.