Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got Fister's results

I've got Fister's results

I called the vet and got the results of Fister’s blood work. It is within normal, so I can’t understand why he won’t drink. He does eat a little bit, both Whiskas wet with extra water in and a little dry food. Only three times this week he has been drinking out of his glass. OK, he may drink a little from his Pet Mate fountain, I can’t tell, but he usually drinks from his two glasses, one in the corner of my bedroom and the other on my bedside table. He hasn’t done that lately.

Here is what the normal numbers are:

Urea normal = 5,7-12,9)
    Alat normal = 12-130)
    Glucose normal = 3.94-8,83)
    T4 normal = 10-60

And here are Fister's recent numbers:

2010 - 6/5

Vægt 6,90 kg
    Urea 10,7
    Alat 40
    Glucose 6,14

2011 - 24/5

Vægt 7,2 kg
    Urea 10,2
    Alat 42
    Glucose 7,36

2012 - 20/2

Vægt 7,61
    Urea 11.0
    Alat 78
    Glucose 5,74

2012 - 18/12

Vægt 5,92 kg
    Urea 9,3
    Alat 60
    Glucose 7,8
    T4 test 46,3

Fister got some very nice Christmas presents... a bed that a friend sent him from London, and a very smart toy + catnip that can be put inside, from auntie KK. He loves them both.

I got a few pics of him you can see here:

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I also uploaded a few videos from the past week. Well, it doesn't seem to work, I've uploaded them to my PT album and I get question marks when I post them here. In my album "Videos", they look blank. Then I tried on Photobucket, but that gives me a new window with "beta" in front, when I try to log in. Do any of you upload videos to Pet Talk or to Photobucket?

I even tried to delete this post, but that I couldn't do either. Hmm!

Last edited by Randi; 12-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cute pictures with his new toys! It's great that his numbers were normal. Maybe his appetite is just changing. As long as he is not dehydrated I guess that is the main thing.

Unless you catch him sneaking food from somewhere else, I guess it's just his 'new normal'.

Hugs to Fister and his very caring cat mom!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hi Fister, how's it going?

Well, good news the lab work is all normal!

Could it be he has a bit of arthritis and drinking from a glass is no longer a comfortable position for him? If he is not getting dehydrated, then he IS getting the fluids he needs. And this could be from the fountain, as you say you don't know if / when he uses that. Or maybe he just decided he prefers the flowing water?

Seems you can sit back and relax, and THAT is a nice thing!

Dearest Fister, we're so glad your lab work is normal!!!

What nice Christmas presents you received! And you are clearly enjoying them very much.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear sweet Fister, I am so glad your blood work looks very good! Vægt - is this weight? You're down a bit from where you were. Could you please have mum give you a HUGE hug and snuggle for me, dear handsome orange kitty. You look very comfortable in your new red bed!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a good boy you are Fister...good looking, good loving and good health! Happry new year good boy!

I'm so glad to hear that his blood test results and thyroid test are all within the normal range. As long as he's not dehydrated, then I wouldn't worry too much. If he's eating a lot of canned food then he won't need to drink as much water either. I hope he continues to be a happy and healthy boy for many years to come.

So happy to hear the test results were normal.

He is still one of the most handsome orange kitty boys around!

Thank you, everyone!

I don't think the reason that he's not drinking is an uncomfortable position of the glass, it has to easier for him, since it's a bit higher and it's a wide glass. He does lick up the juice from the Whiskas wet food. Today I sat beside him on the bed with the glass of water under his nose and eventually he drank a little, but not much.

He probably does have arthritis, he can't jump up high anymore and he is getting old. It's so difficult to see him not being able to do all the things he used to. He can still walk up the steep staircase, though.

I gave the bed a rinse in a washing machine, since I thought it smelled too much of soap and while it dried, I gave him his cardboard box with a pillow in, which I put on my bed. He went right in, but now, he doesn't want to go in the bed. Hmm!

I still can't post the videos, not sure why.

Blog Entries

Fountains

I had a fountain that I was using and after about a month my cat stopped drinking from it completely. I found a bunch of mold when I completely took it apart to clean. It was so disgusting that I stopped using it. The glasses, I learned, must be cleaned every couple days. They get fussy's, lent, and dust in them. We notice everything about our cats because we love them, right Randi? We pay alot of attention to them and sometimes my cat cries just to get attention....OK he does it a lot! I hope Fister is getting better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/entry.ph...ife-after-love <---click
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Thank you, Sindy. Fister has a Pet Mate fountain and he uses it occasionally, well at least he used to. I took the battery? out, since he didn't like the noise, but he does love running water.

He also has two glasses of water in my bedroom, one in a corner on the floor and the other on my bedside table - I put one there, because I caught him drinking out of teacup - it even had sugar in.

The water here is hard, so once a week, I soak the glasses in winegar, and I put fresh water in his glasses twice a day.

Well, this morning i saw him drink a little bit from one glass. Hopefully, he will get back to normal soon. I give give pills to boots his appetite still, and I believe they do work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thank you, Sindy. Fister has a Pet Mate fountain and he uses it occasionally, well at least he used to. I took the battery? out, since he didn't like the noise, but he does love running water.

He also has two glasses of water in my bedroom, one in a corner on the floor and the other on my bedside table - I put one there, because I caught him drinking out of teacup - it even had sugar in.

The water here is hard, so once a week, I soak the glasses in winegar, and I put fresh water in his glasses twice a day.

Well, this morning i saw him drink a little bit from one glass. Hopefully, he will get back to normal soon. I give give pills to boots his appetite still, and I believe they do work.
    Have you tried bottled water? It might make a difference, it did with my kitty.
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

That's a good idea, or I could boil the water. Who knows, it might help. Usually, I let it run for a while before I fill his glass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    That's a good idea, or I could boil the water. Who knows, it might help. Usually, I let it run for a while before I fill his glass.
    We Love Fister already, so please keep us posted.