Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad News re Terry / Daisy and Delilah's Mom

Sad News re Terry / Daisy and Delilah's Mom

Oh Gosh, I can't believe this. I've just had a message on FB from Terry's daughter. I will just copy paste, as this is all I know:

I just wanted to let you know that my mom passed away yesterday. During her knee replacement surgery on Friday, she went into cardiac arrest, then into a coma and never came back to us. Thank you for your friendship with her. If you don't mind, can you please let her Pet Talk friends know? Thanks again. Take care.

I have written back w/ sympathy, and asked about the dogs, and if we can send cards (those of us who wish to) and where. Will post as I get more info.

I have more info:

Thank you Sandie. I think we are still in shock. She was doing so well. Her new doctor was wonderful, well respected. All signs pointing in the right direction. I live in NC, the rest of the family is here. My addy is XXXXX. My brother's addy is XXX. Her good friend Kathy will be taking the girls and caring for them. Thanks again for your friendship with my mother.

Send me a PM if you want the addresses; I just don't feel right about posting them on a public forum (am I correct Karen, anyone could see them?) The brother lives in FLA, the daughter and rest of the family are in NC.

Edit to add: Karen also has the addresses, you can PM either one of us. I may not be online much, due to my Dad being in hospital. Please feel free to PM either one of us!
    Last edited by Freedom; 10-29-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh no. I can hardly believe this has happened - she was way too young. Terry was always such a sweet and compassionate person, and I think that everyone loved her. She went thru so much this past year or so - it doesn't seem fair. I'm in tears of disbelief and sadness.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Me too Ellie. It is not supposed to happen this way. All this with a knee replacement?!!!

NO, this is so sad. I didn't know her that well, but I know she was a good person, pet carer, and mom. After all she went through, and then this.

Say hello to all our friends at the Bridge, Terry. Prayers for your family.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

OMG, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut. What a horrible, sad thing to happen

How very sad. My condolences to Terry's family.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I am so deeply saddened by this news and don't even know what to say. Terry will be missed.

I am in shock and so very sad. My condolences to the family. Oh my God.

I'm sad to hear this news! We talked a lot though PM. I will have to send a card.

so very sad .. I've "known" her since back in the day when I joined practically.. adn even not knowing her personally I feel very very sad.. my condolences to the family.. she will be missed

glad to hear the girls will be taken care of by a close friend of hers
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

OMG, I am stunned and totally speechless.

Just so shocked.....my sincere condolences to the family. Did not know her well, but do know that she was way too young.

Our deepest condolences

How terribly sad! Whenever anyone is going in for surgery, they always list "death" as one of the possible complications, but we never expect it to happen. I am glad the girls already have a new home lined up, that would give Terry comfort. Sandy thank you so much for letting us all know.
    I've Been Frosted

This is completely shocking, and very, very sad. My sympathies to Terry's family.