Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1. Nothing makes me more nostalgic and homesick than.................snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Nothing makes me more nostalgic and homesick than.................snow.
    Your from Chicago, so you miss cocaine? I thought California had lots of cocaine. I would have thought you would lean more towards opiates then cocaine, but I guess old habits.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Aww how lucky don't ever get snow where I live ,have to go further south or back to the land of my birth bonny Scotland,,and it's summer here now,but I am just listening to rod Stewart singing that very song let it snow,one of my favourites.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Your from Chicago, so you miss cocaine? I thought California had lots of cocaine. I would have thought you would lean more towards opiates then cocaine, but I guess old habits.
    What a stupid comment - made only to stir the pot. What a shame that one has to twist an innocent post just to start a confrontation, and can't leave well enough alone! - but I suppose that one must consider the source, also!

And BTW blue - it's "you're" - not "your".
    Last edited by pomtzu; 12-31-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Well, no NEW snow, but the wind shifted overnight, so I didn't have to shovel quite as much as I thought I was going to have to to get LOH's van out of the driveway.

It's still fresh enough to drift the roads completely in, so going to the store last night was......amusing.

Downright fun if you like driving in it, which I do, as long as there's no one else on the roads, and it's rural enough so we have that luxury.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

More today

We are to get a wee bit more over night, but the temperatures are dropping now! I hope the winds don't start up. My house turns into a barn when it is windy!

The ski areas are loving the snow and low temperatures. I hope they have a great year because it was a bad year last year, for them. They need a good year every so many! Vermont depends on tourism to a great degree.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Here in Butler, there's about a foot of snow on the ground with another 2" coming this afternoon. Oh, goodie!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

It's still fresh enough to drift the roads completely in, so going to the store last night was......amusing.

Downright fun if you like driving in it, which I do, as long as there's no one else on the roads, and it's rural enough so we have that luxury.
    Yup - I hear ya. Being in a rural area and driving in it is much more to my "liking", than driving on more congested roads with a bunch of idiots that don't have a clue on how drive "safely" in it.

But rural + wind/snow = snowdrifts that can be quite a challenge in themselves. One year I was driving home from work when they finally decided to let us out a little early - the snow (blizzard!) was over but the wind was ferocious, and my car actually got blown across the road and into a huge drift. I was hopelessly stuck there, and had to wait for some kind soul to stop and push/pull me out! This was in the dark ages before I had a cell phone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Yup - I hear ya. Being in a rural area and driving in it is much more to my "liking", than driving on more congested roads with a bunch of idiots that don't have a clue on how drive "safely" in it.

But rural + wind/snow = snowdrifts that can be quite a challenge in themselves. One year I was driving home from work when they finally decided to let us out a little early - the snow (blizzard!) was over but the wind was ferocious, and my car actually got blown across the road and into a huge drift. I was hopelessly stuck there, and had to wait for some kind soul to stop and push/pull me out! This was in the dark ages before I had a cell phone!
    Those are the reasons I carry tow straps and other gear in the truck.

You never know when someone's going to need a hand. (though the person who managed to nose into the snowbank on the access road to the highway the other morning was waiting for the cops, I'm not pulling someone out when they're nose into a snow bank against traffic)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Blog Entries
    Lots of snow here & great for getting out & snowshoeing.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom