Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoee is home!!!

Zoee is home!!! Update #14

Zoee came home with us last night after being at my moms house since last Christmas.
    She is still limping sometimes. But I think we are just going to have to deal with her having a limp. She doesn't appear to be in any pain........at all. And it doesn't slow her down one bit. She doesn't limp ALL the time either.

I've attached a picture of her and Taggart in the car on the way home and of her in her usual spot in the hallway. She seems to have fallen right back into the routine and the cats could care less too. They act like she was never gone.

Oh, and I got a new camera for Christmas!! So hopefully I'll be posting more pictures this year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xmas 2012 044.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1,010.1 KB 
ID:	55686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xmas 2012 042.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	55687  
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 04-25-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yay, so great to hear!!! Welcome Home, Zoee!!

Zoee is home! Hi, Zoee, beautiful lady! (((HUGS)))) and extra ((((HUGS)))) for Taggart and the kitties too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, yay, such good news! Welcome home, Zoeee!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks guys!
    I called to check on her and Bruce said she's just laying around. She barked at the neighbors landscaper, but that's perfectly normal.
    I was concerned she would be a barking fool until she got used to the sounds of the house again. She did wake up around 1:30am and started in. But was easily calmed and went back to sleep.
    I can't wait to get home to her waggle butt.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What a great Christmas present for all of those involved. Welcome back home, Zoee!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

YIPPEE!!! Merry Christmas for all, lol.

My mom and I swear she knew she was going home that morning. I kept telling her she was going home today. We went to get in the truck to go to my brothers and she went out there and looked at the door like "ok, let's go!" But it wasn't time to go yet. Silly girl!

Dogs "know"

Isn't it the strangest thing that many dogs can read your mind. Bath time rings a bell with my doggie. She knows. I guess I give off the "oh no" vibe! Maybe our body gives off a scent when we get wired about something - both positive and/or negative.

Maybe your sweet Zoee can read your mind/feelings! They are so darn smart.

I am glad Zoee has come home for Christmas! Nice present.

Welcome home Zoee!
    I'm glad your girl is back home. I'm sure your mom is going to miss having her around!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Yeah, my mom keeps asking me how "her" dog is doing. LOL

Welcome home Zoee!!! This is wonderful news.

Dear Zoee and Taggart -- It is a bright and sunny day in Chicago and I'm thinking of you! I wonder how Zoee is doing and I hope she is doing well. Hugs and lovies to you and also Paizly and Jax!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Zoee and Taggart -- It is a bright and sunny day in Chicago and I'm thinking of you! I wonder how Zoee is doing and I hope she is doing well. Hugs and lovies to you and also Paizly and Jax!
    I am so sorry, some how I missed this post.

Well, I have a wonderful update on Zoee. In February I began to give her two tablets of the Cosequin DS. I've been noticing lately that she is not limping AT ALL!
    I don't think I posted this in this thread, but for a while she was having difficulties in BOTH rear legs. That's when I upped the Cosequin dosage. She runs and plays with Taggart like she did before her leg started bothering her. Even after long play sessions she doesn't limp! Her leg doesn't shake as bad as it did before either. She is jumping up on the bed easier without as much hesitation as she had been doing.

I am so happy we did not have surgery on her leg and now she is back to her old self. Thank you all for the support you've given through these past few years.

I need to give her a bath so I'll try to get pictures after.

Karen help! I wanted to add Update #14 to the main title but it only adds it to my first post. I know I've done this in the past. What am I doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post

Karen help! I wanted to add Update #14 to the main title but it only adds it to my first post. I know I've done this in the past. What am I doing wrong??
    You probably hit "edit post" instead of "edit Thread!" Easy mistake!

Glad to hear she is doing so much better!
    I've Been Frosted